External units (1 Viewer)

cpjeeves

Totally dibble!
HSC
N/A
Ok, so I've got a first this year - I decided to do one of my English units (ENGL 317, Victorian Literature) externally.
It sounds really good, but if I did it internally it would mean coming in for two hours on Thursday and mucking around with my work shifts.
So I've enrolled in it via estudent, chose 'external' option, yada yada yada. I have no idea what is required of me now, I've never done this before. Do I just go on WebCT and access the lectures, or do I have to contact convenors or something?
Thanks anyone who can help, I'm in unfamilar territory here:)
Enjoy the rest of holidays!xx

HSC
same, i just enrolled in SOC234 - Methods of Social Research (external class) ... so what happens now ? do i need to do anything else.... or is it all on WebCt or booklets or i dunno im lost

bscienceboi

HSC
N/A
For some external units they send out the material to your home.

cpjeeves

Totally dibble!
HSC
N/A
I'm actually doing this unit internally now, I changed my timetable around quite a bit the other day, but if I find any info on how all this stuff works, I'll post it up here.

GoodToGo

HSC
N/A
Only difference with external is that if the lecture is recorded, it will be mailed out to you on CD's in mp3 format. You attend 2 days of oncampus sessions during the break and ofcourse no classes. You may also have different due dates for assignments..

mserica

HSC
Depending on what is required - the information i have been given (as im an evening and sometimes external student) is that each week we are to contribute to the discussions (as you would per tutorials) from there you have the exact same due date for the assignments and any exams are also the same as day students.

Your 10% tutorial participation will be graded by the top five submissions you post on the discussion board relating to the tutorials each week - please note that these will need to be submitted to COE by the date stated in your study booklet.

All assignments are to be mailed to COE and are required to be date stamped on or before the due date of the assignment.

By the way the materials are sent on a disc and also additional notes - if hand out notes are recived in classes they will be mailed.

Hope this helps you out.

GoodToGo

HSC
N/A
Yeah it depends on your subjects.

With the ones I've done, the normally 10% class participation was just added on to the final.

The due dates for the 1st major assignment for the 2 subjects I did as an external were after the date for internals (one by 4 days, the other 1 and half weeks) as we need some time after the on-campus days to work on it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)