Fahrenheit 451 (1 Viewer)

sle3pe3bumz

glorious beacon of light
HSC
hey atm im reading Fahrenheit 451 because somebody i kinda knew said it was good. so i found it in the library and started reading it. has anybody read it ? kos for me .. its so confusing ! ><" i mean i barely know whats going on. and i find it the very least interesting. im not a very experienced reader so it may just be me but im just wondering if anybodys having the same prob ?

im nearly done though, but i dont think its gona get any better. atm, hes with the hobos or professor people or whatever & well yeahh ..

Sofstar

HSC
hehehe, i loved the book!. What didnt you understand about it? Hmmm. It is set in the future where books are prohibited and burnt. Their world is run by the media and the people in the society are practically controlled by the media and anyone who isnt is a minority aka the hobos at the end (yeah they were professors who loved what books brought to their lives). lol.

sle3pe3bumz

glorious beacon of light
HSC
yeah i get that whole thing .. but like .. the kinda useless things i dont really get .. like in the begining .. i wasnt even sure if somebody was in the room in his house .. and then it turns out to be his wife & then all of a sudden some people come in a fix her or something ? that just annoyed me when i couldnt get what on earth was happening .. and what were the talking walls or whatever in the parlor ? i mean was that like a tv ? .. i soooooo did not get that ! ><" but i mean the storyline was pretty alright .. different .. but kool & unique in its own way ..

esiarp

HSC
On the contrary I believe 'tis a great book, one of my favourites... dunno why you wouldn't like it...

Slidey

But pieces of what?
HSC
It's a great book.

But if you don't like it, you probably shouldn't read books like 1984.

042217andus

HSC
I read it and thought it was pretty interesting. I was a bit upset when it ended lol.

So now i have to write a speach talking about inner journeys within the book.. And ideas?

Gillard's Hair

HSC
N/A
Sofstar said:
hehehe, i loved the book!. What didnt you understand about it? Hmmm. It is set in the future where books are prohibited and burnt. Their world is run by the media and the people in the society are practically controlled by the media and anyone who isnt is a minority aka the hobos at the end (yeah they were professors who loved what books brought to their lives). lol.
Already happening as we speak, it's called the internet. :)

SashatheMan

StudyforEver
HSC
N/A
I still have to read that book.

But i recently read 1984 and listened to Brave New world as an audio book, and i really grew to be a fan of those type of imaginatily dystopic societies.

So when i get a chance i will read Fahrenheit 451 aswell.

on the side note, i only recently understood why Michael Moore named one of his documentaries by a similar name, i think he was trying to draw on simularities of our society?

spango0

HSC
Fahrenheit 451 is an incredible book.
Don't get bogged down in the nitty bits of it, like the storytelling (whether or not you like that is personal) but think about what he contributed!

He goes in that classic list...
- George Orwell (as ever)
- Aldous Huxley
- Anthony Burgess
- Swift
- Joseph Conrad
- RAY BRADBURY!

Try and finish it, what he says by the end (love the hobos) is particularly poignant.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)