Failed commerce subjects (1 Viewer)

TehAzner

HSC
N/A
no matter how much you 'fuck up', you've got more understanding of the commercial context than your average arts/law student (no offence to arts/law students).

so the answer is no, non-law marks don't really matter.
I definitely agree with that statement. Marks only help you to a certain extent. I would've done extremely well with Arts/Law (languages in particular), but in the end Commerce gives you not only more knowledge in the real world, but also will give you a better chance in securing a job.

And don't worry, I know a couple of people who have either scraped a pass or failed a subject and have gone on to have a rather successful career. To the OP: "Nothing is impossible".

Frigid

LLB (Hons)
HSC
N/A
...yeah anyway. haha i was just wondering if anyone knew how much top tier law firms pay you when you graduate.
did you read my last post?
Frigid said:
I can't confirm finance salaries but first year at top tier is around the $70K mark, give or take $5K. Also, law salaries are frozen across the board at the moment.

BringSexyBack

HSC
N/A
"would've done extremely well with Arts/Law (languages in particular), but in the end Commerce gives you not only more knowledge in the real world"

when u said 'commerce' what major r u talkin bout? Accounting or marketing or other commerce majors?

dude01

HSC
"would've done extremely well with Arts/Law (languages in particular), but in the end Commerce gives you not only more knowledge in the real world"

when u said 'commerce' what major r u talkin bout? Accounting or marketing or other commerce majors?
He most likley means accounting or finance. Everyone on this site believes these are the only two worthwhile majors :/

I have a major in HR Management, which complements a law degree very well i.e. almost all HR issues relate to legal regulation.

flamearrows

come on die young
HSC
He most likley means accounting or finance. Everyone on this site believes these are the only two worthwhile majors :/

I have a major in HR Management, which complements a law degree very well i.e. almost all HR issues relate to legal regulation.
Everyone on this site is (rightly?) obsessed with prestige. Accounting and finance are widely considered as more difficult majors, making the degree more prestigious in the eyes of the recruiter.

Good combination for you if you know exactly what you want to get in to.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)