N/A
Hello guys: this is so far
38% general mathematics 2- 35/42
93% community and family studies 1/19
45% Standard english- 56/75
51% biology 24/31
49% business studies 7/12

school rank: 400ish

Guys by the way, Can I still get a good atar the exams were really harsh. Except for Cafs which was straight forward.

Last edited:

BLIT2014

The pessimistic optimist.
HSC
Uni Grad
Hello guys: this is so far
38% general mathematics 2- 35/42
93% community and family studies 1/19
45% Standard english- 56/75
51% biology 24/31
49% business studies 7/12

school rank: 400ish

Guys by the way, Can I still get a good atar the exams were really harsh. Except for Cafs which was straight forward.
What do you classify as a 'good' ATAR?

astroman

HSC
gg no re, just do your best and pick yourself up in upcoming assessments

whatdoitypehere

HSC
Your half-yearlies, even your ATAR, are not definitive as to your potential career prospects. A terrific example of this: I have a fairly close personal friend who is two years into undergrad med at JCU. He failed some of his half-yearly exams (Though not quite as hard :) ), but picked himself up MASSIVELY by the trials, aced the UMAT (92nd percentile) and performed superbly at the interview. As long as there is life, there is hope.

Dennis1348

HSC
N/A
I guess ace my trials, then smash externals is the only way.

Business, maths and English can be improved drastically I guess.

Dennis1348

HSC
N/A
English is almost impossible to improve, would anyone know of tutors?

hungry

HSC
How you can you say Maths and English can be improved drastically and then you contradict yourself with the latter hahahahaha

But really, it's definitely possible to improve in English, practice essays and taking feedback from teachers abroad is the best study, imo.

You can find tutors on the tutoring sub-forum. Or just create a thread.
I think he means there is a lot of space to improve English, but he is finding it very difficult to improve.

astroman

HSC
OP i highly suggest you spend the most of your time focusing on improving english, write an essay and get it marked and spend lots of time correcting it and getting more and more feedback, once your teacher is happy with the result stop there and don't touch it anymore. As for Maths, do past papers as much as you can, it will help you become aware of what can be put into a test and your school's papers will usually be similar to past papers so doing them will help you a lot. For business, start roting, the majority of the business tests are memory dumps, especially for key words i suggest you read over definitions daily. Also do past papers and gather case study material if you haven't already. Also practice report writing/essay writing since it will be a huge part of your trials and HSC. Biology is content heavy so get notes asap and revise them regularly. If you haven't made your own you can always use someone else's and revise them. Once you are confident do a past paper and see how you go.

astroman

HSC
lol, whoops #failread/10

You would need to practice adapting, though.
true but that's nothing too hard, your exam question can't be too far off of your practice so changing a few ideas here and there would still get you good results

astroman

HSC
yes, but I'd argue that adapting is the harder part of a generic essay. memorising is the easy part, but moulding seamlessly takes a lot more practice than you think
it varies with school's we get our exam essay questions already.

teridax

HSC
N/A
it varies with school's we get our exam essay questions already.
true, but consider the HSC lol

the essay questions will be a lot more challenging (I am speaking from a general perspective) in comparison to your internals

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)