Failing an elective? (1 Viewer)

00acissej

HSC
so im a first year student in semester one. does it matter if i fail an elective? will it affect my course? if i just drop this course and pick up a different one does it matter? S:

Lolsmith

kill all boomers
HSC
so im a first year student in semester one. does it matter if i fail an elective? will it affect my course? if i just drop this course and pick up a different one does it matter? S:
Don't fail anything ever at all, it looks terrible. Your degree isn't affected really but I'm quite sure those units don't count towards your degree, meaning you have to do them again.

If you mean for second semester, at the moment you can drop and pick up anything available to you. This semester? You don't get money back and you're also academically penalised (p sure you fail).

iRuler

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
If you fail an elective it will go down on your transcript even if you change courses (pretty sure) and I'm pretty sure you have to pass it since it is actually a part of your degree.

HSC
N/A
If it is really an ELECTIVE then you can either try it again, or else try something else that looks more interesting. The main problem is that you will now be 6UOC (or whatever) short in your degree. If you don't want to spend an extra session coming back to make that up, you might need to either overload (hard to get them to allow this if you are failing stuff) or else enrol in something over the summer (like some BS GenEd...)

Timothy.Siu

Prophet 9
HSC
No, if its just an elective, then you will just be 6 UOC behind. You can just make it up in summer or overload.
But it'll still count to your WAM and transcript.

00acissej

HSC
thanks guys. so my option now is to probably make up on the UOC that i failed? does that mean that i have to stay for an extra semeter of uni if my WAM isnt high enough to overload? damnnnn.
or are there like, summer courses that i can pick up to do to make up for the extra UOC that i failed?

kaz1

et tu
HSC
Uni Grad
Also I don't think you're allowed to overload if you have failed a subject.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)