Failing year 11? (1 Viewer)

mailata

HSC
N/A
I desperately need to know if I have to repeat, I am getting really low marks, 18-25 percent range for my 2u maths and my other subjects are really low as well.

I just have the yearly left to bring up my mark in 1 week and my mark overall for most subjects is below 50%, especially 2u maths which is really low.

If I get really low marks and fail 1 or more subjects will I have to repeat year 11?

-tal-

HSC
Well, I'm not too sure about the repeat, but if you don't meet the "satisfactory requirements" they do have the power to stop you going to year 12.

As for them actually exercising that power, I don't know.

mailata

HSC
N/A
So do marks have anything to do with "satisfactory requirements"?

I heard some people continue onto year 12 with a 10% but everyone is telling me that I might have to repeat if I fail the subjects...

bubblesss

HSC
mailata said:
So do marks have anything to do with "satisfactory requirements"?

I heard some people continue onto year 12 with a 10% but everyone is telling me that I might have to repeat if I fail the subjects...
noo i dont think they will make u repeat like that. the people who usually the bludgers who dont even care about school and get 0%

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
Things can change between now and the HSC - but you better start applying yourself now.

jimmayy

HSC
look i failed my half yearles aside english and religion.
15% physics
80% english
90% religion
50% maths
35% bio
56% ancient

those were my half yearlies =/ but i hope this time its improvement time if i can improve u can improve and u wont be kept back repeating year 11 trust me..

jimmayy

HSC
this is when i was lazy and didnt give a god damn bout bio and most of my subjects trust me.. now i guess im doing better im more confident

Real Madrid

HSC
Theres no excues to fail bio and religion.

Those are word for word form the syllabus.

mailata

HSC
N/A
Thanks for the replies. Today at assembly the deputy said that the yearly exams determine whether we continue or not :eek: so I'm not sure if he is lying(which would be evil).

School is getting more and more confusing...

jimmayy

HSC
real i didnt fail religion 90% for it.. >.>
bio is a different i didnt put any effort nor listened bout stuff in class i practically bludged and was lazy..

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
Real Madrid said:
Theres no excues to fail bio and religion.

Those are word for word form the syllabus.
Depends on individuals...

Many people at my school don't give a shit about SOR I. More than 50% failed.

daijuan

HSC
i dont think they can stop you from going on to year 12. Have you gotten an n award? I think they can only stop you from going on if u really dont give a rats about school and youve gotten official notices like n awards etc.

iinSomnia

HSC
daijuan said:
i dont think they can stop you from going on to year 12. Have you gotten an n award? I think they can only stop you from going on if u really dont give a rats about school and youve gotten official notices like n awards etc.
that's partly true. you must complete/attempt all course assessments and have a certain amount of attendance. and i think you must have not gotten an official document such as an N award which prohibits you from taking that subject into your HSC year.

so basically. dont stuff up in 10units of your subjects.

omgd.

HSC
N/A
you cant ' fail ' in year 11. theres no such thing as ' fail ' . & theres no ' pass mark ' its not the 50% . marking begins at 50% so yupp . u cant fail a subject. i was failing maths, was terrified i wdnt be able to continue it, so i asked around to many teachers, they told me theres no such thing as ' failing ' a sub/year 11.

so dw =]

still i think try harder between now & year 12
otherwise it`ll just b a waste of two years
since we chose to do the hsc we might as well do it perfectly yes ? :D

Shoom

HSC
N/A
What do you mean dont stuff up in 10 of your units? If you get less then 50% in every subject its ok, you still go on oto year 12.

What do you mean omgd?

What do you mean by no 50% or fail?

mailata

HSC
N/A
Thanks everyone I feel a lot better, but I should say that my marks are wayy below 50, and not just 1 subject.

Shoom

HSC
N/A
When are you prelim exams? are you prepared? do you think you will fail them? what subjects do you do and please post all your marks,

bored of sc

HSC
I can relate. I've been putting in heaps of work but I am severely under-prepared for my exams starting in 5 days (despite the fact I do ALL the work and more)! :( I think I'll fail chemistry and PDHPE.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)