Fairytale appropriation (1 Viewer)

astro

HSC
does anyone have any suggestions for a feminist appropriation of any fairytale? Any help with be greatly appreciated...

clerisy

HSC
Anne Sexton's collection of poems, 'Transformations', is perfect-- she appropriated the Grimm brothers' version of classic fairytales into poetry with very strong feminist views. 'Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs' is one of the best-- it highlights objectification of women by men and society (Snow White is basically a virgin ditz ) and the importance of beauty in women's lives.

Snow White and also Cinderella can be found here
http://faculty.rpcs.org/kriche/Kwone/Poems Page.htm

A

abdo

when the hell is fairy tales in adv english? i only remember doing shrek last year for extension 1...

ameh

dirty trick
HSC
N/A
little red ridinghood...er...damn I have an exam on this tomorrow and Í'm empty-headed....I'll be back!

MissSavage29

Resident Priss
HSC
ummmm if ur looking for an example of one - The best one i can think of is a movie - Ever After: A Cinderella Story - With Drew Barrymore - very good for femnst version

222fish

you can do a feminist twist to heaps of fairytales...cinderella - just do a role reversal, having strong female characters who arent in distress an dcan fend for themselves

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)