Fannys is for tryhards (1 Viewer)

Graney

Horse liberty
HSC
The_highwayman said:
besides, graney, you're reasons were mostly about culture which, ultimately, is not what the University of newcastle, or indeed any other university, is awarded responsibility of.
It is in on-campus accomodation...

blue_chameleon

Shake the sauce bottle yo
HSC
Graney said:
It is in on-campus accomodation...
Ultimately man, the colleges are responsible for their actions and activities. If they want to get smashed and break shit, then there are going to obviously be consequences eventually, for the whole community.

Graney

Horse liberty
HSC
blue_chameleon said:
Ultimately man, the colleges are responsible for their actions and activities. If they want to get smashed and break shit, then there are going to obviously be consequences eventually, for the whole community.
Arbitrary rules introduced for no reason, with no consultation with the college students rep body.

blue_chameleon

HSC
Graney said:
Arbitrary rules introduced for no reason, with no consultation with the college students rep body.
I'm pretty sure these changes were implemented to curb the amount of drinking on college. Whether or not they were made with or without consultation from the student rep body is another thing.

But I guess if you are living on the university's grounds, then they can pretty much dictate terms when it comes to alcohol consumption. People choose to live on campus.

Graney

Horse liberty
HSC
blue_chameleon said:
Whether or not they were made with or without consultation from the student rep body is another thing.
They were.
Everyone hates it. The changes are ridiculous, and were made largely on the whim of the head of college.

blue_chameleon said:
But I guess if you are living on the university's grounds, then they can pretty much dictate terms when it comes to alcohol consumption. People choose to live on campus.
Indeed. Private property is sacrosanct. They can set the rules as they see it. And I, as a customer, can spread bad feedback about the situation in the hope it harms their business and they might reverse their policies. Lobbying the head of college by the students certainly did sweet fuck all.

Such is the nature of the market.

blue_chameleon

HSC
Graney said:
They were.
Everyone hates it. The changes are ridiculous, and were made largely on the whim of the head of college.

Indeed. Private property is sacrosanct. They can set the rules as they see it. And I, as a customer, can spread bad feedback about the situation in the hope it harms their business and they might reverse their policies. Lobbying the head of college by the students certainly did sweet fuck all.

Yeah, I think you'd struggle to find a single student that like or agrees with Rowan Tan.

Graney

Horse liberty
HSC
blue_chameleon said:
Yeah, I think you'd struggle to find a single student that like or agrees with Rowan Tan.
What does it say about the uni that she's still in charge?

blue_chameleon

HSC
Graney said:
What does it say about the uni that she's still in charge?
Nothing.

Why? Because we aren't privy to their rationale for allocating Rowan Tan the position of Head of College. Sometimes, hard decisions need to be made that aren't popular or necessarily accepted by all.

It's what I want that's easy. It's getting it that
HSC
Graney said:
They were.

If u don't like the pasta at a restaurant, do you make public broadcasts telling people not to eat the salad?

blue_chameleon

HSC
oh yeah and i love university of newcastle now. i didnt so much like it before but i was speaking to a few people and you know what it's the same shit all over. you say the cultural life is shit, or it's not vibrant enough. well you shouldnt dwell so much on it. people were saying how all uni';s are like that and this guy i was speaking to said that university of sydney was like that too, people just came and went after classes and it wasnt as good as he thought it'd be.

from my perspective i think theyd all be a bit uptight as well. no hate.
Well yeah, it dawns on a few students once they progress through their uni years that the social events are there to be made, and not just organised for you.

So bottom line is: uni can be a social place if you want it to be. But don't expect to get events and clubs served on a silver plate to you, you need to be involved.

Good to see you've realised this earlier than a lot.

jumb

mr jumb
HSC
I blame all those American movies like Road Trip.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)