Good Luck to all those applying!

inglisfan

HSC
I have an interview for engineering tommorow
Good luck unless your going for the same course as me haha

apart from whats on the sheet any ideas for what i should take

likeadrug

HSC
I had my interview this morning for arts... fairly quick and painless; they didnt really ask me much
-what is your favourite subject and why?
-what are you most proud of from all you have done in year 12?
-Give an example of one area where you have not done well but have been able to improve? (a stupid question I thought ,but whatever)
-how will this degree help you in your chosen career path?

I have no idea how I went but fingers crossed!

Does anyone know- they told me I would find out 'within two weeks' if i get in or not- does that mean it could be less?
Also- how many people do they offer places to?

jest3r

HSC
likeadrug said:
Does anyone know- they told me I would find out 'within two weeks' if i get in or not- does that mean it could be less?
Whether you get in or not shouldn't make a difference in the time it takes them to send out early entry offers as they'll send out letters informing people whether they got guaranteed or conditional early entry at the same time. Also, I remember getting my early entry offer letters 2 or 3 days before first day of HSC exams (a week or so more than the "2 week" time frame they mentioned), so don't stress too much if it takes longer than expected.

In terms of the number of places they offer, I could be wrong, but I vaguely remember one of my interviewers last year saying that they generally accept people with trial marks +75, but that was with the engineering faculty, so it may differ across faculties.

HSC
likeadrug said:
well with my interview they said within 5 days people could be getting replies so on friday but it can take longer depending on the faculty apparently engineering is quite slow cause of how many people apply

there is no set number of places they can offer through early entry it just depends on how good you are

superbella

HSC
i appllied fro early entry for a B.commerce degree and got guarenteed entry! it was based on my trial results and i didn't have to go thru an inteview..... awesome!!! (even tho i want to go to syd lol) good backup..

inglisfan

HSC
A friend of mine got phoned the day of the interview to say he had been accapted into electrical engineering. they said 2 weeks to me should i be worried or is it normal

HSC
did any one else have an interview on thursday (2nd) with the geoscience people?

when I went in they were fascinated with my Queen`s Scout Award and RFS stuff, then after that he told me that it would be handy having a geologist who could survive in the snow.. strange, they didnt really talk about my results or subjects
but i spose thats the point of it lol

good luck to all the other early entry people

cheers

cwop

HSC
Did anyone else apply for the Bachelor of International Studies?
One of the staff said that not many people were going for that course...

Also, next year is the first year they're running it. Is there any chance it won't go ahead due to lack of interest etc?

Josie

Everything's perfect!
HSC
cwop said:
Did anyone else apply for the Bachelor of International Studies?
One of the staff said that not many people were going for that course...

Also, next year is the first year they're running it. Is there any chance it won't go ahead due to lack of interest etc?
I highly doubt it, because even if it only had 5 people you'd still be doing all the regular arts subjects (ie I've done 3 of the core subjects for that degree and I'm just in a regular arts degree), with only a few specialty subjects.

I'd venture that part of the deal with not many people applying (through early entry at least) is a lack of awareness- I only found out about the degree when I was looking at something in the handbook.

I'd venture to say it will be a highly popular degree, even if only because of the name. (It's a pretty arts degree with a couple more IR courses.)

Darrow

Executant of Life
HSC
Do you think they will notify us if we attained early entry before the HSC exams?
I mean, 2 weeks from my interview would be into the HSC already

inglisfan

HSC
They said 2-3 weeks and that i would have already started most likely.
I would love to know now so i could relax

Js^-1

No tengo pantelonès
HSC
I got my letter yesterday, but that was for Informatics faculty. They said they would be 5 working days...the other faculties take a bit longer.

HSC
scully21century said:
I got my letter today and got guaranteed entry into 3 courses
1- Bachelor of Arts
2 - Bachelor of Arts -B Commerce
3- Bachelor Internatoinal Studies

Its weird coz i got acccepted into combined art/commerce yet rejected for straight commerce from the commerce faculty's early entry scheme.

Not sure if anyone can help me here but I was just wondering...
I want to do an LLB, yet i missed 2 terms of yr 12 and i know i have no chance of getting good enough UAI.
Because I got into these 3 degrees though early entry, can i just choose them and then transfer to LLB later, and if so how competitive is it and what marks etc would I need. Also which one would be the best to choose in order to transfer to LLB later?
that would be because you got into the arts commerce automatically assumes you are good enough to get in theres so you get automatic double degree think thats it anyway

1Eilatan

HSC
jm1234567890 said:
What are the most Important factor in determining early entry acceptance?
Marks. If you have very good marks 85+ in relavent subjects you are almost guarrenteed acceptance. A portfolio is also look upon highly for the courses that accept portfolios (eg. computer science, creative arts). Extra curricular activities are only really factored in if you don't meet the previous requirements.
85+ UAI? I assume he means if you got conditional entry? UAC says the average UAI of people they took in in 2007 was 84.80 for Bachelor of Creative Arts..

Was just wondering, is it really hard to get in? Because BCA only has English as a required subject, so what would you people say would be the recommended mark on the HSC trials to actually get in? Does anyone know how many people do they usually accept for Bachelor of Creative Arts (Creative Writing)? And.. What do they usually look for in the folio? The site says that students must show they can write one of the styles of writing, but what would you say the quality needs to be? I mean, obviously good but.. Any hits for people applying for 2009?

jessmooka

don't leapfrog unicorns.
HSC
Im looking into Early Entry this year for double degree Creative arts (Performance) and Comm.Media (Journalism)... what exactly is the process of going about early entry? when do they open up? ive looked on the website but they havent posted any info that i can see...

Comatose

HSC
N/A
Hey I am not doing heaps well in my HSC with marks and stuff, but I have a really impressive SDD Major work... do you think Wollongong Uni will look at that cause I want to get into Computer Science at Wollgongon....

Thanks in advance

SXC_DRAGON_BOY

Been A While
HSC
Well i dont know how much use this would be to you guys since i applied for early entry in 2003 i think.
my trial marks were absolutely shocking...
one in particular was adv english with 49% (the teacher is to blame, class avg was low but we all did good in hsc). I did do 4 unit maths however... but wasnt that great either.

Anyways i applied for early entry for 3 courses and got them all except one was conditional that i get >50% for adv english :p

my interview consisted of just basic questions like y u like a particular subjects etc...
they do look through your porfolio though... mine had my resume in there and listed some academic achievements which i can assure you is a plus... school president, number 1 chess player, best & fairest, whateva... they all work to your advantage in these interviews...
they only skim through ur marks BUT do take notice. Its all about how passionate you are about ur career...

like any interview, doesnt matta how good u are pratical (unless it clearly shows ur top of ur class), its how you sell urself in the interview.

spazamataz

HSC
I'm applying for early entry :D It opens this Wednesday and closes on the 28th September (i've been getting letters from UoW every month since Discovery Days). What sort of info should i take to interviews (if they have them)?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)