Fav. Teacher sayings? (1 Viewer)

virgin^sexy

ctn, t9
HSC
Originally posted by chepas
TANGENT: What do you call your teachers? Is it always 'Miiiiiiss' and 'Siiiiiir'? Or actually address them with a title and a last name?
usually miss/sir but sometimes the old mum/dad slips out by accident if i'm not paying attention! :p how embarassment!

but with the topic, my legals studies teacher ALWAYS says:

'full stop, continue the sentence' (she says it when dictating and we all are like 'you can't continue a sentence after a full stop!!!'

and also, 'blah blah blah... don't quote me on this'

:chainsaw: it gets really annoying

TangzBasher

Software Teacher: "Turn around and turn you're monitors off"

Man that pisses me off, WHY does he think that a login screen will distract us from his pearls of wisdom?

Originally posted by Bizzy Bone
ah yeah i 4got 2 add: our extension english teacher, makes extremely lame jokes, expecting ppl 2 laugh "dont all crack up at once.."

And to encourage us to write more in our extended responses he'll say, "Fill the HSC hamburger...the more filling, the more satisfaction for markers!"
You forgot how he compares everything to cricket and boxing :p

*girl04*

hey every1, how r u?
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by virgin^sexy
usually miss/sir but sometimes the old mum/dad slips out by accident if i'm not paying attention! :p how embarassment!

but with the topic, my legals studies teacher ALWAYS says:

'full stop, continue the sentence' (she says it when dictating and we all are like 'you can't continue a sentence after a full stop!!!'

and also, 'blah blah blah... don't quote me on this'

:chainsaw: it gets really annoying
i called my teacher mum the other day! embarassing. but it was all good. she just said " its cool, i am used to it as i have kids"

GirlGoneMad

Kitten Kong
HSC
It's really funny when teachers try to fit in but it just doesn't work:
"Are we all cool, dudes?"
"Groovy"

My english teacher sometimes says this when a student makes a comment she doesn't like:
"Ummmmmmmmmmmmmmmm............nah............ Oh, I mean if that's how you think and feel about it then that's fine. I just see it like this..."

In maths we were doing trigonometric curve sketching and the teacher said:
"So how long is the period"
Someone in class:"3 - 10 days"
Teacher: "Oh, grow up!"

My kindy teacher used to call the boys "my gumnuts", and the girls "my blossoms" (She was fond of May Gibbs and our class was "Kindergarten Gumnuts".)

J0n

N/A
HSC
My Y11 Math teacher:
"I wouldn't stand for that - I'd sit down immediately!"
"You can't be alright - you have to be half left"

mishka

HSC
N/A
The 2U maths teacher @ my school apparently says "to say your results are abysmal is an understatement" after every maths test.

Our english teacher is always going "are we understanding everything, guys?"

My yr 9/10 english teacher always used "literally" in sentences.
"It's literally that simple" "They literally climbed out the window"

One of our P.E teachers always went "1,2,3 - Thanks for being quiet *randomly points at someone*, thanks for being quiet *points at someone else*

Ahhhh, memories.... ;)

Silver Rose

Music teacher: "Now you need to think about just where you're going to stick that Concerto..." ( I think she was talking about putting it into an essay or something :rolleyes: )

Seabiscuit

HSC
Year 5/6 Italian teacher - kept saying "Quicksticks" all the time in a whiny annoying voice.

My EX-chem private tutor "I've been talking all lesson" Its like, No, i'm paying u 60 bucks an hour to just sit there idiot!

English teacher - Randomly starts singing in class, and keeps making sporting analogies. "e.g. just like joey johns scoring a try" All the time!!

And my maths teacher reuses all his jokes, and i've had him for 2 years so i know all of them (and they are shockingly crap). One is whenever he sees someone with a discman in class., "Is that my discman? because it soon will be!"

dark`secrets

<insert title>
HSC
N/A
my sdd teacher says firetrucks instead of fck :p
business teacher 7 plus or minus 2 things

miss_pie

HSC
my maths teacher always says 'get it? got it? good!' when he's explaining something

Alaranth

My art teacher last year said "okay" several times a sentence. I counted the "okay's" is a 5 minute talk once. 157.

My old drama teacher was completely random. She did things like when someone came to the door, she'd answer it with a stuffed rabbit that was lying around, or when the teacher next door was yeeling, she'd mime and pretend t was her. She was cool.

My yr 8 maths teacher was constantly saying when we did statistics "I'm a pretty mean man. I'm a pretty average man."

ameh

dirty trick
HSC
N/A
"you dont want to end your life working at a checkout, lets face it, you have no future." - economics teacher

Gregor Samsa

That Guy
HSC
I propose renaming this thread 'Teachers Say the Darndest Things'. You know you want to...

And my eevil Ancient History teacher had a habit of uttering 'Interesting student' whenever anything idiotic or odd was said..Usually accompanied by a death-stare. [Particularly scary as she was the real doppelganger of Ms Li from 'Daria'.)

Skillo

is in a theatre near you
In my blue-light backstage hovel, the theatre.
HSC
"Allllright" In 10 mins we counted about 122 times. Hmm what else.
"Silence, the golden word silence" (English Teacher/Year Advisor)
And then my favs:
"Gold!" A lovely friend of mine
"Geeeeeeeeetttttt Outttttt (in whiny voice...context: no wayy!)"
"Youz kids arrre givin me the shits" My drama teacher....she's a riot!

HSC
"Fail now and avoid the November rush"...that was my physics teacher when the class complained about bad marks :D

baby_b

Banned
ok well im in bsa right now.. had english last period and these are todays sayings:

"starting a new text is quite fruitless when we have an assessement"

and

"i'll eat my hat if you forget your notes! scary thing is i dont have a hat on"

:D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)