Fav/Worst Airport (1 Viewer)

Tulipa

Loose lips sink ships
to the left, a little below the right and right in
HSC
LAX is fucking terrible. I'm determined to never fly through there again even if it means I have to pay more and fly through San Fran. This is after like fifteen years of flying through there and it getting worse and worse and fucking worse.

That said, I love San Fran, Singapore and JFK (international terminal only but).

iamsickofyear12

HSC
I don't have a favorite airport.

I hate Brisbane because last time I was there it took me more than an hour to get through security and immigration and I almost missed my flight.

I also don't particularly like Sydney because of the ridiculous lines to get through quarantine when you arrive on an international flight and because there isn't a place to stop and pick people up, you have to go to do it at the drop off zone.

iamsickofyear12

HSC
Tulipa said:
LAX is fucking terrible. I'm determined to never fly through there again even if it means I have to pay more and fly through San Fran. This is after like fifteen years of flying through there and it getting worse and worse and fucking worse.
What's wrong with it? I've been there a few times and it seems fine to me.

Tulipa

Loose lips sink ships
to the left, a little below the right and right in
HSC
Security lines have gotten much worse (more so than other US cities), the stuff are fucking incompetant (both domestic and international airlines), Tom Bradley is a pain to negotiate and they haven't upgraded it in years.

roadcone

HSC
Tulipa said:

That said, I love San Fran, Singapore and JFK (international terminal only but).
couldn't have said it better myself. LAX is a hole, it's dangerous and to be honest, for the amount of traffic that goes through it, is an absolute disgrace.

Peartie

HSC
Frankfurt, getting through customs was so quick, and then its relativly easy to move around. Sydney is also OK but behind customs there - and Seoul Inchon as well is damned boring!

HSC
best: singapore

worst: hobart (they have sniffer dogs ffs), coolangatta, darwin and phuket are all really shit.

Triple777ER

Vamos Rojas
HSC
milocole said:
Favourites(from a Plane Spotter here..):
-Sunshine Coast (great atmosphere)
-Melbourne
-Sydney
-Brisbane
-Gold Coast (when then renovations are all done though..)
-Adelaide (nice new Terminal!)

Worst:
-Canberra (quite boring)
-Darwin
-Cairns
-Avalon Airport lol..
-Hobart
-Little boring regional ports
Being a plane spotter, you forgot to have Kai Tak on your list unless ofcourse you didn't visit it.

milocole

Plane Nut
HSC
Triple777ER said:
Being a plane spotter, you forgot to have Kai Tak on your list unless ofcourse you didn't visit it.
Sorry, I dont do Asian Countries...

As you can see, I have yet to go International!

housah0lic

Dr Greenthumb
HSC
agree with OP

fav: sydney and dubai

worst: bangkok - i don't the name, but it was the old airport. even the new airport is a bit too sterile and modern. kinda creepy.

peter_aek

HSC
Fave:
Athens
Singapore.. Iv'e been to Changi countless times. Its amazing.
Paris...(CDG) simply because it looks cool. same would say its ugly..

Worst:
Denpasar... Yuck!
Maldives is pretty crap aswell
Sydney is crap tbh..

I think Heathrow isnt the greatest but its definitely not the worst

milocole

Plane Nut
HSC
Triple777ER said:
Ah sorry, about that.
But if you had a chance you would have gone there right?
On a stopover I would have a browse yes, but thats it:uhhuh:

I would love to explore many Europe and American airports. Firstly I must encounter Oz

Triple777ER

Vamos Rojas
HSC
milocole said:
On a stopover I would have a browse yes, but thats it:uhhuh:

I would love to explore many Europe and American airports. Firstly I must encounter Oz
One in particular that i have is Amsterdam Schipol

Its HUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUGE!

5233andy

HSC
Favourite, or shall I say decent: Sydney T1 - it's currently bring refurbished - so I'm interested in the final result.
ICN - a relatively large airport that is only a few years young.
NRT - The location of gates can be confusing. QF travelers have to travel across the terminal with their satellite shuttle service.

Worse: LAX - T4 - not TBIT - arrived from Sydney on QF107 continuation to JFK. It was such a pathetic little airport - the only restaurant present was Burger King and meals started from USD10. The area was crowded and TSA personnel weren't particularly friendly.

JFK - T7 (British Airways and Qantas) - better than LAX, I suppose. The terminal building is surprisingly small with limited features.

*Minka*

HSC
Favourites:
Frankfurt - well organised, efficent security and customs.
Taipei Terminal 2 - but only after you get through security. Total djump before that, but AMAZING shopping once you are through.
Amsterdam Schipol is nice.

Least Favourite: T1-3 of Madrid Barajas. Nightmare setup and belongs in the stoneage. T4 can take a long time to navigate when you are in a hurry / have a thigh schedule for a connection, but it is nice at least.
Paris Charles de Gaulle - Ugly, nightmare setup, rude staff.

electrolysis

congenital schmuck
HSC
the worst airport in the whole world without a doubt is Nadi international airport, Fiji. omg no airconditioning, only fans, toilets are a dump, the officers cant speak english properly, all the guys walking around in a skirt...

the best would be a tie between Honk Kong International and Seoul Incheon. Kuala Lumpur International Airport is also somewhere up there as well

mitch179

HSC
Worst airports are Sydney (location wise) and Gold Coast

Airports that are good are:

Brisbane
Tokyo-Narita

Osaka-Kansai is good in a way (nice, long runway, easy to get around) but not so good as far as shopping/dining goes.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)