• METAL GEAR SOLID 2 SONS OF LIBERTY

Votes: 2 25.0%
  • METAL GEAR SOLID 2 SUBSTANCE

Votes: 3 37.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
J

jhakka

Substance, mate. It's got the intricate plot of Sons of Liberty.

Snake Eater is gonna blow it away, for sure, though. :)

J

jhakka

A shame the due date is unconfirmed. 2004/2005 according to the official Australian Playstation site.

Substance rocks Sons of Liberty because it has a whole bunch of extras: Improved Infrared Goggles, five Snake Tales missions, Training and Missions. It's fun.

Willmaker

HSC
Definately Substance. I just dont see how anyone could like Sons of Liberty and not like the extras that come with substance.

J

jhakka

But Sons of Liberty + Extras = Substance = Better

In any case, I finished both versions with all Dog Tags on Easy, Normal, Hard and Extreme. Yay me. *is a bit out of practice now, though*

dangerousdave

HSC
I liked the original metal gear solid best. Played sons of liberty and thought it was good though the part near the end confused me and I hated Raiden (or whatever his name was).
I havent played substance yet.

leathaface

How can you have Substance but not list Metal Gear Solid: Integral? Substance is what Integral is for MGS.

Where are Twin Snakes for the GCN? Twin Snakes is basically Metal Gear Solid remake with MGS2 gameplay (FPS Shooting Mode, Dog Tags (I think), and revamped graphics).

MGS wins by a tip of an iceberg, I love MGS2 to death, but the pacing of the game is what got me. There are more cutscenes then MGS and the gap between cutscenes and gameplay in MGS2 is shorter then MGS1.

But then... in the end... Snake Eater will be my favourite, from what I've heard and seen, (I liked the uniform stealth idea, and the fact that you can hang from trees and shoot). From the trailers i've seen I think this will be the longest MGS game. The storyline's quite intriguing too... Snake (or whom many believe is Big Boss... some think its Solidus) must kill The Boss (a female soldier who trained this Snake) and prove that America was not involved in an nuclear explosion.

This will be the most intense MGS yet I predict. Can't wait until I get my hands on that game.

Bone577

HSC
N/A
<WARNING, SPOILERS>

I realy didn't like SOL, im still not completely sure why. It just kinda sucked.
It was fantasticaly produced, immaculate in many respects, graphics flawless, sound great, presentation lovely.

Gameplay? Uninspireing, old, tireing, boring, uninvolving.
Atmosphere? None, the completely overdone story, which was just way to forced and cliche, which crapped on forever and had too many plot twists to be taken seriously certainly didn't add to this. Some parts were just pointless and did nothing but destroy what little atmosphere the story had, like when Otacon admits to having an affair with his mum, I mean WTF? Made me laugh for 5 straight minutes, but it wasn't meant to be funny, so it is just sad.
Besides that they tried there best i suppose, but some of the things they threw in were just too juvenile or something, i mean the enemies were just so cliche, i remember seeing Vamp murdering the Alpha Team all i could think was <sarcasm>"yeah this is realy cool, a ultra fast vampire who dodges bullets and runs on walls and stuff"</sarcasm>.

I think the lack of atmosphere had alot to do with the setting. Which genius decided to have the setting in what appears to be an oil refinery? Once you enter Arsenal gear the game picked up as far as atmosphere went, the areas where Jack is naked are just MUCH better suited to this genre of game, unlike single well-lit rooms with a yellow tinge with PC's and such which you do for most of the game.

Also, how am i supposed to take the main character seriously when he is called Jack and his girlfriends name is Rose? Do i need to be reminded of the Titanic while i play what is supposed to be an ultra-cool stealth-em-up?

Also, raiden is a batty-boy, he has no coolness, he wrecked the atmosphere. Snake has long sideburns, wears a headband and smokes, and have you heard his voice? These things make him a total bad-arse, Raiden has none of these.

I really want to like this game, but I just don't, it was completely uninvolving, I couldn't bare to play it more than twice through. This is especially upseting considering how much I loved Metal Gear Solid while it lasted.

S

Sheehan :)

Bone577 said:
<WARNING, SPOILERS>

I realy didn't like SOL, im still not completely sure why. It just kinda sucked.
It was fantasticaly produced, immaculate in many respects, graphics flawless, sound great, presentation lovely.

Gameplay? Uninspireing, old, tireing, boring, uninvolving.
Atmosphere? None, the completely overdone story, which was just way to forced and cliche, which crapped on forever and had too many plot twists to be taken seriously certainly didn't add to this. Some parts were just pointless and did nothing but destroy what little atmosphere the story had, like when Otacon admits to having an affair with his mum, I mean WTF? Made me laugh for 5 straight minutes, but it wasn't meant to be funny, so it is just sad.
Besides that they tried there best i suppose, but some of the things they threw in were just too juvenile or something, i mean the enemies were just so cliche, i remember seeing Vamp murdering the Alpha Team all i could think was <sarcasm>"yeah this is realy cool, a ultra fast vampire who dodges bullets and runs on walls and stuff"</sarcasm>.

I think the lack of atmosphere had alot to do with the setting. Which genius decided to have the setting in what appears to be an oil refinery? Once you enter Arsenal gear the game picked up as far as atmosphere went, the areas where Jack is naked are just MUCH better suited to this genre of game, unlike single well-lit rooms with a yellow tinge with PC's and such which you do for most of the game.

Also, how am i supposed to take the main character seriously when he is called Jack and his girlfriends name is Rose? Do i need to be reminded of the Titanic while i play what is supposed to be an ultra-cool stealth-em-up?

Also, raiden is a batty-boy, he has no coolness, he wrecked the atmosphere. Snake has long sideburns, wears a headband and smokes, and have you heard his voice? These things make him a total bad-arse, Raiden has none of these.

I really want to like this game, but I just don't, it was completely uninvolving, I couldn't bare to play it more than twice through. This is especially upseting considering how much I loved Metal Gear Solid while it lasted.
\

i cant dispute............snake rocks

neuro_logik

HSC
SOL rocks! The story was good but not to the extent of MGS that had a great storyline and had very nice gameplay. SOL has good gameplay (Taking guards hostage, when you jump out of corners with the Nakita they run off scared lol and sword action) and graphics. I can't wait for MGS3: Snake Eater it looks really good, and you get to play as Snake again. The Metal Gear series has never failed to impress me.

J

jhakka

Metal Gear Solid has as many weirdoes as Sons of Liberty. What about Psycho Mantis? He was a whacko.

Bone577

HSC
N/A
jhakka said:
Metal Gear Solid has as many weirdoes as Sons of Liberty. What about Psycho Mantis? He was a whacko.

I was younger then though, i suppose it didn't seem as lame when i played MGS. Besides, Psycho Mantis was soo much cooler than Fortune. All i could think when fortune was around was, "Light blonde hair and dark skin look horrible together."

I didn't feel the two games were different enough. Albeit the sword sections were very good. The whole Arsenal gear onwards section was good, by that point it was too late to redeem the game for me, it couldn't make up for the earlier parts.

mack

Banned
HSC
Yeah, Psycho Mantis gave me the creeps. Especially the way he hovered and threw furniture around. It was funny though when you pissed him off by pluggin your controller into the second port so he couldn't read your mind.

J

jhakka

I quite liked Psycho Mantis. I was just stating that MGS1 had as many weird ones.

MGS had more memorable characters than SOL, though.

S

Sheehan :)

man but i gotta say that in SOL when u hav to rescue E.E and that police officers bloated corpse just pops out.............that scared the shit out of me

leathaface

The villains of Fox hound is much better then then the sons of liberty...

But then again... Psycho Mantis would equal Vamp as my fav villains (other then liquid of course).

MGS 3 will have even more wacko villains... if you have seen the trailers avaliable to download on the official website... we got names like "The Sorrow" The End, The fury, The pain and the fear... then of course there's The Boss...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)