Favourite Chinese dish (1 Viewer)

meLoncoLLie

adores corgis
HSC
okay... the aroma of my dad's famous beef noodles (牛肉麵) is floating towards me from downstairs and i'm really really tempted to start this thread!

i know, i know, you're all going to have a hard time deciding which one(s) to name. but i know JKD probably likes peking duck a lot :D he's mentioned it so many times

can't deny chinese food is the best!

Jago

el oh el donkaments
HSC
italian food is better imo

transcendent

HSC
N/A
i prefer a mix. i don't really have a favourite cuisine unless you call fish and chips or spaghetti a cuisine.

xiao1985

HSC
N/A
kekeke, i can go on all days abt this:
dumplings 餛飩, fish style pork slice 骚香肉絲, gongbao chicken 宮保雞丁, oyster oil beef 蚝油牛肉... yumyum ^^

bLu3_gRaSS

HSC
N/A
OMG too many too name so i'm not going to....
there's also the fact that i don't know what they are called in english

transcendent

HSC
N/A
siu my ( meat rapped in yellow noodle ), har gow ( white steamed dumpling with prawns inside ), and dun kut ( egg custard tarts ) are all i ever order at yum cha.

xiao1985

HSC
N/A
@ meloncollie: msg = 味精
@transcendent: siu my = 燒賣, har gow = 蝦餃, dun kut = 蛋打(tart) (?)

i love siu my too =)... still rmber when i was like yr 5 or 6 or so when still bak in china, my dad used to give me 3 bucks each day for breakfast... i usually get like 4 of them (huge one's, 50c each) on the way to school then chocolate milk (1.10 each) with that... sigh the good yum old days =)

xiao1985

HSC
N/A
no idea... i dun really like the egg tarts... in fact i don't like alot of egg stuff... =(

HSC
i like one of the shang speciaLz.. bah i seriously have NO idea what's it called in Mando or English.. onli knows the shang name.."deng dei" it'z something to do with egg:p

xiao1985

HSC
N/A
.::icemeLon::. said:
i like one of the shang speciaLz.. bah i seriously have NO idea what's it called in Mando or English.. onli knows the shang name.."deng dei" it'z something to do with egg:p
LOLZ!!!!!!!!! OMG~~~!

i kno taht one... like u beat the egg up and steam it right??? OMG i used to LOVE that dish when my dad cooks it yum yum... =)

btw, it means literally to steam the eggs. =)

wrong_turn

the chosen one
HSC
Uni Grad
i like sharlotte pancake, sweet and sour pork, satay chicken, chicken sticky rice.

note: did not try to make it in chinese, cause translucent wasn't very successful :D.

don't know the ping on computer.

HSC
hahahaha okai.. so it'z just called steamed egg?! :confused: sounds... not right.. but anyways.. it's my favourite..i cooked it when i can b bothered :p it's easy and takes lil time^-^

xiao1985

HSC
N/A
hm... now xiaoie is determined to be a great cook in the future not far ^6

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)