Favourite Harry Potter Book (1 Viewer)

Kujah

HSC
N/A
BlackDragon said:
i wonder why she did that? it alters the textual integrity of the book slightly.
Dunno, but it has made Harry Potter an enjoyable book to read :)

Rinni

HSC
But the beginning of GoF is harry's dream isn't it?? So although it's not from his perspective it is:confused: If you get what I mean lol

Kujah

HSC
N/A
The reader doesnt know that until the next chapter ;)

ViRtUaL

1/cosC GSXR1000
HSC
Re: Favorite Harry Potter Book

Captain Gh3y said:
He didn't appear in 2 or 6 either :santa:
well in 2, u could say the memory was technically voldemort
and in 6, he appeared in the pensieve several times, which is close enough

Pilgrim

HSC

book two, tom riddle's diary is one of voldemorts horcruxs so he really is in it.

suzieee

HSC

this is cath not suz - i am in yr 10 but i cant get my thingo to work.
1. prisoner of azkaban
2. goblet of fire
3. half blood prince
4. order of the pheonix
5. chamber of secrets
6. philosiphers stone.

suz will write hers once she has re-read the series ( which she now has time for since she has finished the hsc)

while i am at it, i have some theories that i would like to put to my fellow hp devotees.

i think that hp is a horcrux - being the reason he can speak parsel tongue and feel voldemorts emotions. this would make for a great ending to the final book as harry would have to kill himself to save the wizarding world. HP could be a horcrux because nangini is one.
RAB is regulus black. in the order of the pheonix when grimuald place is being cleaned out, jk rowling describes a locket that they find. it is described like the locket of slytherin. regulus put it in the house before he died.

Kujah

HSC
N/A

Could be. Can't tell til the book comes out.

the leader

HSC
I wonder if Harry and co. have realised that it starts getting hectic towards the end of each school year... like come on, as much as I like the series, is Harry etc that blind? As if you wouldn't spend your whole year learning various hexes and such in order to prepare for the "completely unexpected" showdown... geez, Hermione's meant to be smart...

Back to the subject, my favourite HP is probably Order of the Phoenix (lots of Sirius :) ), and the third one is probably a close second (not too sure why - I guess the time turner is cool)

Pilgrim

HSC

suzieee said:
this is cath not suz - i am in yr 10 but i cant get my thingo to work.
1. prisoner of azkaban
2. goblet of fire
3. half blood prince
4. order of the pheonix
5. chamber of secrets
6. philosiphers stone.

suz will write hers once she has re-read the series ( which she now has time for since she has finished the hsc)

while i am at it, i have some theories that i would like to put to my fellow hp devotees.

i think that hp is a horcrux - being the reason he can speak parsel tongue and feel voldemorts emotions. this would make for a great ending to the final book as harry would have to kill himself to save the wizarding world. HP could be a horcrux because nangini is one.
RAB is regulus black. in the order of the pheonix when grimuald place is being cleaned out, jk rowling describes a locket that they find. it is described like the locket of slytherin. regulus put it in the house before he died.

If harry potter had to kill himself to kill voldemort, then the whole issue with the prediction that "one cant live while the other one does" or something like that. That one will die and one will live. So if harry has to kill himself to kill voldemort that wouldnt make sense. its going to come down to a final showdown and one of them will kill the other. thats what book 5 is all about.

BlackDragon

HSC

suzieee said:
i think that hp is a horcrux - being the reason he can speak parsel tongue and feel voldemorts emotions. this would make for a great ending to the final book as harry would have to kill himself to save the wizarding world.
i find that a bit ridiculous. :rofl:
plus i don't think harry killing himself would be a very good ending.

anyway that theory is flawed because dumbledore said that the last horcrux harry must kill is the one in voldemort himself.
so harry would have kill himself and be dead and then kill voldemort.

also, if harry was a horcrux then why would voldemort be trying to kill him so much? voldemort even tried to perform the avada kedavra curse on harry at the end of book four. if harry was a horcrux voldemort would be immortal whilst harry his alive. hence he has no reason to kill him and every reason to protect him.

finally. the propecy that voldemort heard was "and either must die at the hand of the other for neither can live while the other survives...the one with the power to vanquish the Dark Lord will be born as the seventh month dies..."
why the hell would he go and put apart of his soul in that? and voldemort was trying to kill harry that night not make him a horcrux. and it would make no sense for him to rely on "the one with the power to vanquish the dark lord."

Last edited:

Rinni

HSC

suzieee said:
Really?? I forgot about that...hmmm I'll have to go read it again...

hotpot

HSC

wat r ppls opinion of florean flurance (icecream man)? he seems very intelligent n he's grandfather was a headmaster from ravenclaw (read it from somewhere)... his disappearance along with ollivand seems suspicious.

Ollivand could be so that voldemort can get a new wand to kill HP because of the "brother" wand thingo... Florean because hes got some kind of ravenclaw heirloom?

Kujah

HSC
N/A

hotpot said:
Florean because hes got some kind of ravenclaw heirloom?
If you're talking about Horcruxes, would he even know that it is one?

Martyno1

oh hi
HSC
1. Half-blood Prince
2. Prisoner of Azkaban
3. Order of the Phoenix
4. Goblet of Fire
5. Philosopher's Stone
6. Chamber of Secrets

Cyan_phoeniX

HSC
N/A
1. Prizoner of Azkaban
2. Goblet of fire
3. Chamber of Secrets
4.Order of the Phoenix
5. Half-blood Prince
6. Philosopher's Stone

konstantine'

HSC
1. Half Blood Prince
2. Order of the Phoenix (I <3 Kreacher lol)
3. Prisoner of Azkaban
4. Goblet of Fire
5. Philosopher's Stonw
6. Chamber of Secrets

ccc123

HSC
Have now finished the 6th and decided that HBP is my 2nd favourite. Oh by the way, what are some plot predictions you make for HP? Who thinks HP is a horcrux? Personally,the notion taht HP is a horcrux doesn't really amke sense to me...if Harry is a horcrux, why is Voldermort so keen to kill him? Wouldn't that weaken him and make him less immortal 0_o sorry if i'm just simple minded and am missing the bigger picture or something...but that theory just makes no sense to me.........

Oh by the by, I don't know whether this theory is perhaps even less viable then the 'harry is a horcrux' one, but i think Malfoy and Harry should/could unite against a common enemy.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)