favourite maths topic (1 Viewer)

bored of sc

HSC
Aznmichael92 said:
hey all i was wondering what is ur favourite topic?
I don't know how to do long division with numbers but I do with polynomials. :uhoh:

My favourite topics would have to be:
- Mathematics --> Basic Arithmetic and Algebra.
- Extension 1 --> Trigonometric Formulae.

Circle Geometry is cool, even though I suck at it.

henry08

HSC
N/A
barbecuedflava said:
yeh right angled triangles are pretty easy. wait til you do yr 11 trig... i remember thinking trig was so easy, now we have to know all these formulas :vcross: e.g. double angle results, compound angle results, transformations... its easy now, but when i first learnt it, it was like trig isnt supposed to be this hard! i hope we dont learn more trig in yr 12

but yeh i really like doing these parametrics, they are so nice :)
I agree with you about trig.

Aznmichael92

HSC
henry08 said:
I agree with you about trig.
really? i dont find that hard to remember adition theorems and double angles. Just it takes time to think which one you should sub in.

HSC
N/A
Aznmichael92 said:
i dont find it hard at all. I am currently learning double formulas in my maths class and other stuff. Like addition theorems and trig identies :D that is why i enjoy the topic
yeh well it took me a while, first i was like oh man, now trig is one of my fav topics, especially all the trig identities and proving LHS equals RHS etc (my teacher calls it mathematical masterbation lol)

but if it was easy for you from the start you must be a maths freak, like namu ;)

Aznmichael92

HSC
barbecuedflava said:
yeh well it took me a while, first i was like oh man, now trig is one of my fav topics, especially all the trig identities and proving LHS equals RHS etc (my teacher calls it mathematical masterbation lol)

but if it was easy for you from the start you must be a maths freak, like namu ;)
nah i am ok at maths but guess it was because my teacher explained it in a way that it is very easy to understand

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
I can't stand Permutations and Combinations, nor Binomials, or Probability etc. :p

I don't mind circle geometry or trigonometry, though. Don't think I have a 'favourite' though.

Trebla

Administrator
Administrator
HSC
Integration rules!!!

dwarven

[SMSHS'08']
HSC
projectile motion =]
and applications of calculus

TCCPICHAMP

HSC
Probability, :skip: nah thats so easy its boring, i prolly reckon that i like Intergration by substition so far this year

kaz1

et tu
HSC
Uni Grad
Mine has changed to parametrics. It's simple co-ordinate geometry in disguise.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)