favourite quotes? (1 Viewer)

TSBRAH

HSC
"Id rather laugh with the sinners then cry with the saints, the sinners are much more fun"- Billy joel

TSBRAH

HSC
'I need about tree fiddy'
loch ness monster

CharlieB

?uestlove
HSC
A man lost his way in the desert, and wandered aimlessly for several days. He ran out of food, and thought he would die. Then he saw a bag lying in the sand. He opened it, and at first he thought it was filled with grains of barley. He was overjoyed. But when he tried to eat them, he discovered they were pearls - and he plunged into despair. - Saadi ash-Shiraz

bigboyjames

Banned
HSC
When the power of love overcomes the love of power , the world will know peace.
- Jimi Hendrix

Taskan

HSC
” Worrying is like a rocking chair. It gives you something to do, but it doesn't get you anywhere.” Van Wilder

"Never let your sense of morals get in the way of doing what's right." - Isaac Asimov

“The propagandist's purpose is to make one set of people forget that certain other sets of people are human”

moll.

Learn to science.
HSC
If you desire peace, prepare for war.
If you desire life, prepare for death.
If you desire love, prepare for disappointment.

HNAKXR

Wooooooo...OOOoOOOOoOOoP!
HSC
N/A
"And thus I clothe my naked villany
With odd old ends stol'n out of holy writ,
And seem a saint, when most I play the devil."
- Shakespeare,
King Richard III

“It is not sufficient that I suceed - all others must fail.”
-Genghis Khan

"It is better to die on your feet than to live on your knees”"
-Emiliano Zapata

CharlieB

?uestlove
HSC
Luke 15:11 said:
Jesus continued: "There was a man who had two sons. The younger one said to his father, 'Father, give me my share of the estate.' So he divided his property between them.

"Not long after that, the younger son got together all he had, set off for a distant country and there squandered his wealth in wild living. After he had spent everything, there was a severe famine in that whole country, and he began to be in need. So he went and hired himself out to a citizen of that country, who sent him to his fields to feed pigs. He longed to fill his stomach with the pods that the pigs were eating, but no one gave him anything.

"When he came to his senses, he said, 'How many of my father's hired men have food to spare, and here I am starving to death! I will set out and go back to my father and say to him: Father, I have sinned against heaven and against you. I am no longer worthy to be called your son; make me like one of your hired men.' So he got up and went to his father.

But while he was still a long way off, his father saw him and was filled with compassion for him; he ran to his son, threw his arms around him and kissed him.

"The son said to him, 'Father, I have sinned against heaven and against you. I am no longer worthy to be called your son.

"But the father said to his servants, 'Quick! Bring the best robe and put it on him. Put a ring on his finger and sandals on his feet. Bring the fattened calf and kill it. Let's have a feast and celebrate. For this son of mine was dead and is alive again; he was lost and is found.' So they began to celebrate.

"Meanwhile, the older son was in the field. When he came near the house, he heard music and dancing. So he called one of the servants and asked him what was going on. 'Your brother has come,' he replied, 'and your father has killed the fattened calf because he has him back safe and sound.'

"The older brother became angry and refused to go in. So his father went out and pleaded with him. But he answered his father, 'Look! All these years I've been slaving for you and never disobeyed your orders. Yet you never gave me even a young goat so I could celebrate with my friends. But when this son of yours who has squandered your property with prostitutes comes home, you kill the fattened calf for him!'

" 'My son,' the father said, 'you are always with me, and everything I have is yours. But we had to celebrate and be glad, because this brother of yours was dead and is alive again; he was lost and is found.' "
long, but worth the read

Buttigieg

Elite Member
HSC
"If he loved you with all the power of his soul for a whole lifetime, he couldn't love you as much as I do in a single day." - <st1:place w:st="on"><?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:smarttags" /><st1:placeName w:st="on">Wuthering</st1:placeName> <st1:placeType w:st="on">Heights</st1:placeType></st1:place>

"Some failure in life is inevitable. It is impossible to live without failing at something, unless you live so cautiously that you might as well not have lived at all - in which case, you fail by default." - J.K. Rowling

Dr. Cox: "Well gosh, I guess I became a doctor because, ever since I was a little boy, I just wanted to help people. I don't...tell this story very often, but, I remember when I was seven years old, one time I found a bird that had fallen out of its nest. And so, I picked him up, and I brought him home, and I made him a house out of an empty shoebox, and--- [he begins laughing] Oh my God! [sighs to regain composure] I became a doctor for the same four reasons everybody does: Chicks, money, power, and chicks. But, since HMOs have made it virtually impossible to make any real money, which directly affects the number of chicks who come sniffing around -- and don't ask me what tree they're barkin' up, 'cause they're sure as hell not pissin' on mine."

"Try not to frown cause you never know who is falling in love with your smile"

"Anyone can catch your eye, but it takes someone special to catch your heart"

"If I had a single flower for every time I think about you, I could walk forever in my garden"

"I'm so in love, every time I look at you my soul gets dizzy."

"Love is an irresistible desire to be irresistibly desired"

"If women ran the world we wouldn't have wars, just intense negotiations every 28 days."

"God gave man both a penis and a brain, unfortunately he didn't give enough blood supply to run to both at the same time."

"Hard work never killed anybody, but why take a chance"

"A conference allows a group of people, who singly can do nothing, to together decide that nothiong can be done."

"Kindness is the language which the deaf can hear and the blind can see"

"Having a secret crush that you've never told is painful, but to have that secret turn into "What Might Have Been" is a life long torture."

"Everyone likes a little ass, but nobody likes a smart ass!"

"It is not exactly cheating, I prefer to consider it creative problem solving."

"Never lie, steal, cheat, or drink. But if you must lie, lie in the arms of the one you love. If you must steal, steal away from bad company. If you must cheat, cheat death. And if you must drink, drink in the moment that take your breath away."

"Hey baby, I noticed you noticing me and I just wanted to put you on notice that I noticed you, too.”

"Those short but extraordinary moments make us into who we are" - Noel Singh -

"Keep Moving Forwards" - From 'Meet the Robinsons' -

pistol112

HSC
ccc123 said:
<HR style="COLOR: #d1d1e1" SIZE=1><!-- google_ad_section_start -->"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent" - Eleanor Roosevelt.

"Power corrupts. Absolute power corrups absolutely" Lord Acton.

"If you know you are going to fail, fail gloriously."- Cate Blanchett.

"A life of unremitting caution, without the carefree-or even ocasionally the careless-may turn out to be half a life"- Anna Quindlen.

"Life is like a novel with the end ripped out"- Rascal Flatts.

"Doing nothing is very hard to do- you never know when your finished"- Leislie Nielsen.

"I'm so unfamilar with the gym. I call it James" - Chi Mcbride.<!-- google_ad_section_end -->

<CENTER></CENTER><!-- google_ad_section_end -->
Nice quotes. For mine, see sig--->

staticsiscool

Banned
HSC
"You Ethiopians will also be slaughtered by my sword," says the LORD. And the LORD will strike the lands of the north with his fist. He will destroy Assyria and make its great capital, Nineveh, a desolate wasteland, parched like a desert. The city that once was so proud will become a pasture for sheep and cattle. All sorts of wild animals will settle there. Owls of many kinds will live among the ruins of its palaces, hooting from the gaping windows. Rubble will block all the doorways, and the cedar paneling will lie open to the wind and weather. This is the fate of that boisterous city, once so secure. "In all the world there is no city as great as I," it boasted. But now, look how it has become an utter ruin, a place where animals live! Everyone passing that way will laugh in derision or shake a defiant fist. (Zephaniah 2:12-15 NLT)

lol yeah cool quote

Forbidden.

Banned
HSC
staticsiscool said:
"You Ethiopians will also be slaughtered by my sword," says the LORD. And the LORD will strike the lands of the north with his fist. He will destroy Assyria and make its great capital, Nineveh, a desolate wasteland, parched like a desert. The city that once was so proud will become a pasture for sheep and cattle. All sorts of wild animals will settle there. Owls of many kinds will live among the ruins of its palaces, hooting from the gaping windows. Rubble will block all the doorways, and the cedar paneling will lie open to the wind and weather. This is the fate of that boisterous city, once so secure. "In all the world there is no city as great as I," it boasted. But now, look how it has become an utter ruin, a place where animals live! Everyone passing that way will laugh in derision or shake a defiant fist. (Zephaniah 2:12-15 NLT)

lol yeah cool quote
After seeing staticsiscool's name it reminded me of this:
"Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.”, I've seen this quote in my Statics lecture notes what a coincidence and NO i dont like the statics component of mechanics that much.

sci.girl

VCE IS DONE!!:D (finally)
HSC
"In the 60's, people took acid to make the world weird. Now the world's weird and people take prozac to make it normal." -Damon Albarn

And below: ---->

Allan vB

HSC
"You cannot direct the wond but you can adjust your sails" - (Don't know off the top of my head)

"There is no wealth like knowledge, no poverty like ignorance." Ali ibn abi Talib

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)