Favourite Quotes. (1 Viewer)

bawd

HSC
Mostly inspirational and motivating mush :) :

"A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step." - Confucius.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who intense football gamelook on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein.

"Bite off more than you can chew, then chew it." - Ella Williams.

"The only way of finding the limits of the possible is by going beyond them into the impossible." - Arthur C. Clark.

sam04u

Comrades, Comrades!
HSC
Charity F said:
“A wise man can see more from the bottom of a well than a fool can from a mountain top.”
I like this one. Very true.

lovelove♥

HSC
Jess007 said:
"The Oc"

(on the way to TJ)
Summer: 80 is the new 70.
Seth: What? Who talks like that?
Summer: Who gets passed by a van full of nuns? Oh, wait.. Cohen does.
Seth: Well, they have God on their side, Summer. I'm not gonna beat Jesus.
LOL hahah love this quote. Summer is frikken awesome :p

Daemon666

HSC
"This is how the fuckin' world ends,man. Look at this fuckin' shit we're in. Not with a bang, but with a whimper, and with a whimper I'm fuckin' splitting, Jack!"

Photojournalist - 'Apocalypse Now'

"You've got red on you."

Various - 'Shaun of the Dead'

"They're coming to get you, Barbara!"

Johnny - 'Night of the Living Dead'

serendipityy

HSC
At this moment, there are 6 billion, 4 hundred, 71 million, 8 hundred, 18 thousand, 6 hundred, 71 people in the world. Some are running scared.. some are coming home. Some tell lies to make it through the day.. others are just now facing the truth. Some are evil men at war with good, and some are good.. struggling with evil. 6 billion people in the world, 6 billion souls -- and sometimes.. all you need is 1

ngawwwwwwwww one tree hill

HSC
''There is more in you then what you think you've got'' - Glenn Gerryn from the Oxygen Factory

and

quotes from 'Conversations with God'.

The entire book is a wholesome collection of fukin AWE-some quotes

:idea:

:read:

Miss Sunshine

HSC
N/A
oh i like that one from Glenn too!

He came to my school and gave us one of his inspiring talks =)

suzlee

HSC
Glenn came to my school too!!!!!!!! It was such a good day.

I <333 this quote:

-Madagascar 2, Melman the giraffe-
Listen Moto Moto. You better treat this lady like a queen because you my friend, you found yourself the perfect women. If I was ever so lucky to find the perfect women I would give her flowers everyday and not just any flowers, okay? Her favorites are orchids, white, and breakfast in bed... six loaves of wheat toast with butter on both sides, no crust. The way she likes it. I'd be her shoulder to cry on and her best friend and I'd spend everyday trying to think of how to make her laugh. She has the most, most amazing laugh. Well that's what I would do if were you.

Got this off IMDB... couldn't remember all of it. But isn't it adorable?!! :shy:
It's kind of embarrassing but I nearly cried at that point.

Bulldog4lyf

HSC
Inspirational/Motivational -

Clarence:"Strange, isn't it? Each man's life touches so many other lives. When he isn't around he leaves an awful hole, doesn't he?" -It's a Wonderful Life

Funny -

Spider: "I thought- I thought you said you were all right, Spider"
Tommy DeVito: "You know, you're a fuckin' mumblin' stutterin' little fuck, you know that?
Spider: "No, I though-I thought-"
Tommy DeVito:"I th-I th, you been doin' this all fuckin' night to me, ya mother fucker!" -Goodfellas

Famous -

Rhett Butler:"Frankly my dear, I don't give a damn" -Gone Wth the Wind

Love -

Rick Blaine: "Here's looking at you, kid" -Casablanca

And I'd just like to ad The Most Overrated -

Rocky: "Yo Adrian" -Rocky

axlenatore

Scuba Steve
HSC
Military intelligence; two words combined that can't make sense

A Tout Le Monde A tout mes amis Je vous aime Je dois partir

The Bible and several other self help or enlightenment books cite the Seven Deadly Sins. They are: pride, greed, lust, envy, wrath, sloth, and gluttony. That pretty much covers everything that we do, that is sinful... or fun for that matter.

Moving on, is a simple thing, what it leaves behind is hard

If you guys are going to be throwing beer bottles at us, at least make sure they're full

Its not how big your pencil is; it`s how you write your name

All these quotes are either lyrics from megadeth or quotes by Dave Mustaine

Kikkoman

HSC
Stupid funny
Patrick Star, from Spongebob- "So you mean to say they've taken what we thought we think and make us think we thought our thoughts we've been thinking our thoughts we think we thought...I think?"

Famous
Tony Montana, from Scarface- "Say hello to my little friend!"

From a book
George Orwell's Nineteen Eighty-Four, first sentence- "It was a bright, cold day in April, and the clocks were striking thirteen."
Another one, later on. O'Brien - "If you want a picture of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face - forever."

For epic lols
King Leonidas, from 300 - "THIS IS SPARTA!!!"

hermand

je t'aime.
HSC
serendipityy said:
At this moment, there are 6 billion, 4 hundred, 71 million, 8 hundred, 18 thousand, 6 hundred, 71 people in the world. Some are running scared.. some are coming home. Some tell lies to make it through the day.. others are just now facing the truth. Some are evil men at war with good, and some are good.. struggling with evil. 6 billion people in the world, 6 billion souls -- and sometimes.. all you need is 1

ngawwwwwwwww one tree hill
[heart] one tree hill! =]]. i have so many from that show.

anyways, favourites,

"childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies" [breaking dawn beginning book three quote]

"you can't climb 'til you're ready to fall" [into the dark - ben lee]

"happiness isn't getting what you want, it's wanting what you already have."

ps. glenn is amazing!!!!!!!

wil123

HSC
ALL Muhammad Ali Quotes

Personal Favourite: "If you even dream of beating me, you'd better wake up and apologise."

Rainie

HSC
All of William Arthur Ward quotes;

Personal favourite: “If you can imagine it, you can achieve it; if you can dream it, you can become it.”

FLYHAWK14

HSC
N/A
Karate Kid:

"Strike Hard, Strike Fast, No Mercy"---->That was my motto for all of the HSC year.

Terminator:

"I'll Be Back"

"Hastala vista baby"------>I remember saying this during the last few seconds of my last exam

This scene was pretty good too:

John: Now, you gotta promise me you're not gonna kill anyone, right?
Terminator: Right.
John: Swear.
Terminator: What?
John: Just put up your hand and say, 'I swear I won't kill anyone.'
Terminator: [Raises hand] I swear I will not kill anyone.
[…]
[The Terminator shoots the guard in both knees]
Terminator: He'll live.

lol

Rocky 3:

<DL><DD>Apollo: [in the ring sparring with Rocky] He's hooking! He's hooking! DAMN, ROCK! Come ON!!!! What's the matter with you?!?!" <DD>Rocky: Tomorrow. Let's do it tomorrow. <DD>Apollo: Damn it, Rock, there IS NO TOMORROW! THERE IS NO TOMORROW! </DD></DL>Star Wars:

Darth Vader: I find your lack of faith disturbing.

Transformers:

"Sir, look outside. Do you see that man sitting in the green car? That's my dad. Let me tell you a story about a dream, a boy's dream and a man's promise to that boy: he looked at me in the eye and said, "Son, I'm gonna buy you a car, but I want you to bring me two thousand dollars and three A's." I already have the two thousand and two A's. [holds his hands up in a circle] Here's the dream. Your B minus? [mimes the circle exploding] Poof! Dream gone. Ka-put. Now ask yourself...What would Jesus do? "-----> LOL!!!

"Bumblebee, stop lubricating the man!"

Barricade: ARE YOU USERNAME LADIESMAN 217?!!!!
Sam Witwicky: Yeah.
Barricade: Where is the eBay Item 21153?!
Sam Witwicky: What?
Barricade: WHERE ARE THE GLASSES?!!

[Captain Lennox is trying to call the Pentagon while his men are in the middle of a firefight]
Capt. Lennox: NO, I DON'T HAVE A CREDIT CARD!!
International Operator: [bored] Sir, the attitude isn't going to speed things up any bit at all. I'm going to ask you to speak into the mouthpiece very clearly.
Capt. Lennox: I'm in the middle of a WAR! This is friggin' ridiculous!! [Runs over to Epps] I need a credit card! Epps, where's your wallet?
Tech Sgt. Epps: Pocket!!
Capt. Lennox: Which pocket?!
Tech Sgt. Epps: MY BACK POCKET!!!
Capt. Lennox: You've got ten back pockets!!!
Tech Sgt. Epps: LEFT CHEEK!!! LEFT CHEEK!!! LEFT CHEEK!!!
. . .
Capt. Lennox: Okay, it's a Visa.
International Operator: Also, sir, have you heard about our Premium Plus full service call package?
Capt. Lennox: NO, I DON'T WANT A PREMIUM PACKAGE!!! Epps, Pentagon!

Ratchet: [sniffing] The male's pheromone levels suggest he wishes to mate with the female.
[Mikaela scratches her head in embarrassment - Sam whistles]

hollyy.

stop looking at me swan.
HSC
fr. zoolander.

matilda: i became bulimic.
zoolander: *gasp* u can read minds!

GUSSSSSSSSSSSSS

HSC
They want me to say, "Let us not forget that two white boys also died helping negros help themselves." They want me to say, "We mourn with the mothers of these two white boys." But the state of Mississippi won't even allow these white boys to be buried in the same cemetary as this
[points to coffin]
negro boy. I say, "I have no more love to give! I have only anger in my heart today, and I want you to be angry with me! That I am sick and I am tired, and I want you to be sick and tired with me! I-I-I am sick and tired of going to the funerals of black men who have been murdered by white men! And I-I am sick and tired of the people of this counrty who continue to allow these things to happen!" What is an unalienable right if you are a negro? What does it mean, Equal Treatment under the law? What-what does it mean, Liberty and justice for all? Now I say to these people, "Look at the face of this young man, and you will see the face of a black man. But if you look at the blood shed, it is red! It is like yours! It is JUST... LIKE... YOURS!"

FROM MISSISSIPI BURNING

but then also
"STOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOGES"

by Pauly Fallzoni

dance2urownbeat

Ridiculously Good Looking
HSC
sometimes people are beautiful.
not in looks.
not in what they say.
just in what they are.

--the messenger, markus zusak :)

the grass is greener but just as hard to mow.

--'better than', john butler trio.

for a change, i'll refrain, from hiding all of me from you.
--'the interview', afi.

plus a gazillion more from all my favourite movies and songs and such. i like quotes :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)