favourite quotes? (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sharky

In between x and (x+δx)
HSC
Yeah, I've noticed that heaps before (not just within the BoS forums), but in general when you try to talk to someone over the net, things get misunderstood and read into far too much, and it's a frequent occurence. You're right, teenagers sorta do expect that everyone else will magically know exactly what they mean, sure, even I've done it heaps of times.

Don't worry about it. Someone had to ask the question anyway, I guess it just turned out to be you.

silvermoon

caffeine fiend
getting the blood out of my caffeine system
HSC
ok guys, thanx for ur opinions (yes, i know i said that my previous post was my last one, but i think theres a need for just ONE more...lol...just one, i promise! ;) )
snapperhead, i have to say im more than a little annoyed at the way u r misrepresenting my thread and posts to everyone. firstly, to clarify, this thread was NOT started as an intentionally 'spammy' thread - it became one when u started the off-topic 'conversation'.
secondly:
snapperhead said:
LOL...yeah right...then I would have to deal with crap like this!!
obviously contrary to what ur subconscious is telling u - u are not a moderator snapperhead, so u dont have 'to deal with this' - u can just feel free to do what the rest of us mere non-mod mortals do when we come across a thread we dont like: *says very slowly* - 'we don't post'. its really that simple.
thirdly:
i agree with alfalfa_monster: listen to yourself, complaining about spammers when u start ur own post with 'for the sake of posting'. ever so slightly hypocritical don't you think?
fourthly:
i did not get all "uppity", as you put it, over ur question. if i was annoyed (and i honestly cant remember, but maybe i was), then it was over ur tone. honestly, no-one starts an honest, straight-forward question with 'umm...', so don't try to pretend that that was just an innocent query not designed to reflect badly on myself and the others who had posted quotes!

silvermoon

caffeine fiend
HSC
just one more thing: snapperhead, you asked:
snapperhead said:
I really wonder that if it was someone else that asked this simple question if the response would be the same?
im not sure i understand ur point here. u seem to be almost implying that my original response to ur question was some sort of attack based on personal dislike of u - a strange thing to say as u said urself i basically never post in this forum - in fact, i dont think apart from this thread ive ever posted in the same thread as u. the first glimpse of ur existence came to me through this thread...how lovely for us all.

for posterity: my reply, for anyone who had posted asking what the purpose of the thread was would have been the same. (however, you'll note that no-one else saw it as this terrible, monster thread that must be stopped at all costs...)

tina_goes_doo

Pharmer in Training
HSC
Snapperhead said:
I didnt say Zarathustra was the thread starter.
Neither did i.

Umm....i agree with Silvermoon that you did have a pretty negative tone towards her. I'm sure she never thought that posting such a 'harmless' topic would result in so much backlash (namely from you).

Now Silvermoon, in order for it not to appear like i'm taking sides, i believe you are taking Snapperhead's comments a bit too hard. This applies to both of you - lighten up! Of couse, i'm finding this argument a bit funny and entertaining so for my sake please don't stop chewing each other's heads off. I wanna see blood! Kill kill kill!!!!

(now can you see how pathetic this thread is turning out?)

If you guys just stick with posting quotes then (pardon the ancient egypt term) 'maat' would be restored once again to this thread and the order of the universe would once again be restored.

"If there is no God, who pops up the next Kleenex?"

silvermoon

caffeine fiend
HSC
tina_goes_doo said:
now can you see how pathetic this thread is turning out?
exactly! i didnt start this thread with the intention of spamming, it has merely spiralled out of control. oh, and tina, lets at least spell our ancient terms right huh? what would harpy think if she saw u spell Ma'at wrong? *shakes finger*

tina_goes_doo

Pharmer in Training
HSC
Ahh but the spelling of maat varies. It could even be spelled "mut" in some cases. Don't prove me wrong moonie or you'll feel the wrath of tina as well as snapperhead! :D

silvermoon

caffeine fiend
HSC
yes, it could - but not for harpy!!! :D
anyway, i am completely finished here - almost wish (ALMOST) that there was a mod here so the damn thread could be deleted and we could all forget this childish crap. am tempted to delete my posts, but think will just make whole thread look even stupider.

Igor

HSC
N/A
i see this thread as a bit of light relief, nothing more. the whole purpose of education is to make us tolerant, reasonable people who consider actions and reactions. whether this works in practice is another matter entirely...

im not saying that anyone should post anything that slags off any particular religion - that WOULD be wrong

i dissagree. i don't think "slagging off" a religion is wrong, just innaproproiate in particular circumstances. if noone spoke out against something, then it would become accepted no matter how bad it was.
I'm not sayign that its right to criticise other peoples beliefs, becasue it's not RIGHT, but ite not WRONG either. what is wrong is to deny someone their point of view. how a person expresses their point of view is what makes them right or wrong. for example, Hitler and Stalin were wrong in persecuting Jews, people who claim that Judaism is a cult rather than a religion are not wrong, becasue they are expressing an opinion, not acting on it.
I disagree with what you say, but i will defend to the death your right to say it
Voltaire.

what should be remembered, is that free speech and open and honest dicussion and debates inform us as to other peoples opinions and serve to futher our own reasoning. censoring what people way causes people to become angry and resentful to the PC campaign. while we will alwasy disagree with what other people say, we can't stop them saying it. we can stop people acting out of hatered, fear or bigottry though.

please don't think that i'm supporting racism or anyother form of dicrimination, bigottry is the thing that i hate most.

to close, my favourite religion related quote comes from john Laws.
"Alan Jones and I only disagree on religious matters; I refuse to treat him like a God."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)