feb rounds (1 Viewer)

slai123

HSC
I was wondering if a course has Feb round 1 offers and there were vacancies for the course last year- does that mean the course is less in demand ?

Thanks

HSC
It just means they have handed out enough offers for that course to fit their cohort size.

slai123

HSC
It just means they have handed out enough offers for that course to fit their cohort size.
So if a course offers late round offers- they still have spots in their course as their spots weren't filled in the main rounds ?
and if they dont- they dont have any spots left ?

Last edited:

Katsumi

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
HSC
N/A
So if a course offers late round offers- they still have spots in their course as their spots weren't filled in the main rounds ?
and if they dont- they dont have any spots left ?
Pretty much this. If offers are made in the late rounds the course still has spaces available after earlier rounds. However, offers could always be made in late rounds due to special circumstances of a specific student as arranged with the uni beforehand

slai123

HSC
Pretty much this. If offers are made in the late rounds the course still has spaces available after earlier rounds. However, offers could always be made in late rounds due to special circumstances of a specific student as arranged with the uni beforehand
Do unis allocate a certain number of spots in the main round and a certain number of spots for later rounds ? But usually more spots in the main round ?

Katsumi

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
HSC
N/A
Do unis allocate a certain number of spots in the main round and a certain number of spots for later rounds ? But usually more spots in the main round ?
I'm quite sure that they offer up all of their places in the main rounds and fill the course if possible. Late round offers are only made provided that the course was not full in the main rounds, so no spots are typically not reserved.

In accordance to this you find that popular courses such as BCom @ UNSW fill up during the main rounds

Someone please correct this if i am wrong, this is just to my knowledge of the entire situation

slai123

HSC
I'm quite sure that they offer up all of their places in the main rounds and fill the course if possible. Late round offers are only made provided that the course was not full in the main rounds, so no spots are typically not reserved.

In accordance to this you find that popular courses such as BCom @ UNSW fill up during the main rounds

Someone please correct this if i am wrong, this is just to my knowledge of the entire situation
Thanks so much for your help,

Im hoping to apply to USYD, I'm 2 points off for a course but I'm eligible flexible entry and was just worried I may not get an offer in the main rounds because I dont make the cut off even with flexible entry

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)