Fee Question (1 Viewer)

Loz_metalhead

HSC
I'm on hecs but I chose to make a partial upfront payment. I paid by Bpay last Thursday so it may not have transferred until about Monday. Now my account is in credit and $3556 has been defered. I didn't get a discount either, which is my fault for paying late I guess.

So why has that amount been defered?

Loz_metalhead

HSC
It's not the remainder. I put $2000 towards it and it's $2000 in credit with $3556 defered:mad1:

Rekkusu

Currently: Away
HSC
Yes, Loz you're absolutely right. That isn't the remainder.

Basically, your Upfront Payment did not get processed by UNSW Treasury before the 2nd March. As such, your account with UNSW will be in credit, "If your account is in credit, UNSW Policy states that any credit will be applied to the next semester's fees."

And because your upfront payment did not get processed, your TFN is automatically used, and as such your $3556 Semester 1 fees now lies with the Taxation Office (ATO). You can no longer pay upfront payments, once it has passed the date set by UNSW & Commonwealth Govt.

What velox said was somewhat right, if you wish you can make a voluntary contribution to ATO (Phone them up and explain situation), and any amounts exceeding or equal to $500 will give you a 10% discount.

shannonm

HSC
N/A
Hello and welcome to being fucked over by unsw

I'm in exactly the same boat, paid 1705$ last week (after 31st march) and now they have put me in 1700 credit and defered me 2100 to the ato.

This is especially shithouse since there is a precident for them accepted these late payments - in session 2 last year I payed on the 4th of september (for a 31st august census date) and they accepted it just fine without deferring it.
I was given a second 'updated' fee statement on the 7th of september confirming this.

If I am not given an updated fee statement saying they accepted the payment my intention is to request a refund for the credit from the financial operations office, because the last thing i want is the dirty uni earning interest on my hard earned money

good luck

Loz_metalhead

HSC
I got the discount. Hmm, they gave me a $500 discount instead of $400(20%)

...Ohwell:D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)