Feedback!!! (1 Viewer)

cmaddogz

Maddogz Productions
HSC
Yeah, it's good - i agree... Except, i'd change the writing to a different font - something a bit more readible... Search the NET for free Fonts, there are plenty out there - browse around until you find one which is similar, but much more readible...
Other than that though, it is really good... You should be proud!

rowie

thats really good.. but doesnt it need to have more info? i agree with maddogz you need to make the font easier to read

JimBob

HSC
N/A
Ah crap, I'm screwed for my IP if that's the standard ...

*gulp*

When I computerize my ideas, I'll pop up a sneak peak... heheh.

But yeah, I think that's awesome meggy. If that font is the look you are going for, then that's sweet, but maybe try a more Grecian one... wait... that's stereotypical.

Meh, do as you will :D

neo o

it's coming to me...
HSC
There are a few problems with it imo

- It's a pretty picture but it doesnt convey your understanding or your own interpretation of the play - its really just a pretty picture - unless you start talking about the red being some sort of representation of violence etc etc...

- It isn't being presented by any sort of theatre company at all - while you may think this is minor, it's not a good thing..since as a promotional piece its meant to be conveying the profile of the theatre company its being "prepared" for...

- and what everyone else said about the fonts - especially for the location in the bottom left...

its a solid draft though :) which is more than i can say for my promotional stuff :/
-

meggy_moo

PMS PRINCESS
HSC
THNK YOU HEAPS GUYS! i wa a little worried about it but im feeling better now. esp. thanks to cmaddogz for the feedback on the font. although now i dont know which fot to use!

Originally posted by rowie
thats really good.. but doesnt it need to have more info? i agree with maddogz you need to make the font easier to read
lol. yeah it does need more info but i havent added some stuff yet. for the moment i just added basics cos i want to get my theory done first so i REALLY know what i want for the poster/flyer/whatever else im meant to make! thanks!

Originally posted by neo_o
There are a few problems with it imo

- It's a pretty picture but it doesnt convey your understanding or your own interpretation of the play - its really just a pretty picture - unless you start talking about the red being some sort of representation of violence etc etc...

- It isn't being presented by any sort of theatre company at all - while you may think this is minor, it's not a good thing..since as a promotional piece its meant to be conveying the profile of the theatre company its being "prepared" for...

- and what everyone else said about the fonts - especially for the location in the bottom left...

its a solid draft though :) which is more than i can say for my promotional stuff :/
-
i may have to worry after that comment though. cos i used a whole heap of symbolism and stuff...oh well...lets see how it goes!
yeah i know about the theatre company bit but at the moment im creating my own so i havent named the theatre company as of yet. but thanks for pointing it out!

EVERYONE YOU'VE BEEN REALLY HELPFUL SO TAH! i wanted feedback before i showed it to my teach cos she's a right bitch!

Will_Sparky

Left BOS 8/7/2005...
HSC
One thing, I don't know if you've thought about this yet, but i did a similar P&P project last year (prelim) and i ended up near the end and realising i havent thought about advertising and vectors. You probably have thought of this, but its just as much about vectors and AIDA as it is about symbolism and interpretation.

meggy_moo

PMS PRINCESS
HSC
Originally posted by Will_Sparky
One thing, I don't know if you've thought about this yet, but i did a similar P&P project last year (prelim) and i ended up near the end and realising i havent thought about advertising and vectors. You probably have thought of this, but its just as much about vectors and AIDA as it is about symbolism and interpretation.
ok...translate that to english for me?

JimBob

HSC
N/A
Here's a little draft of mine. I have two designs I'm working on and will decide which I want more soon, but this is part of one. There will also be half a face at the bottom right. I know the quality of the church is crap, but I'm working on it. Also, the little thing at the bottom left is the STC logo.

Any feedback is appreciated.

Will_Sparky

Left BOS 8/7/2005...
HSC
Originally posted by meggy_moo
ok...translate that to english for me?
Okay... lol..
Last year for Prelim drama we had to do an almost MINI Individual Project, Similar to the options for HSC, but with last year's texts (thats the loophole so its not HSC drama :p). I chose promotion and program as an option, and what I did, was go wild with all this symbolism and metaphor for Strindberg's A Dream Play. AND I worked forever on making it look beautiful. We only had 6 weeks for this, and I spent every waking moment on it. Week 4, i showed it to a drama/english teacher who is brilliant in interpretation of visual media!

She told me, okay, it looks great, but HOW are you selling it, I get no sense of your target audience, and your vectors are all over the place. She told me to look at AIDA (Attention, Information, D... oh god, what is it... DETAIL! and Action) This is the basic principal of advertising, you need to get attention, present info, details, then promote some form of action. You need to focus on where the responders eyes go, YOU need to control that, and reflect on it in your Rationale, Someone who looks at ADVERTISING as well as symbolism is bound to get more marks simply because the project is based on Advertising and Promotion.

Make sense?

Skillo

is in a theatre near you
In my blue-light backstage hovel, the theatre.
HSC
It's good Meggy Moo. It would be nicer if the silhouette of the pregnant woman was smaller, the fetus bigger (there is a lot of empty space) and the text needs to jump out at you. I suggest either a different font or getting it out of italics...however, this is from an art perspective...do you want me to post some of my posters that i've done and won comps with? I dunno if they would help though.

aLeeOh!

about to explode
HSC
sorry i just saw it today.. nice work meggz! but i agree with what some of the others said... but in all , top stuff buddy!

meggy_moo

PMS PRINCESS
HSC
Originally posted by JimBob
Here's a little draft of mine. I have two designs I'm working on and will decide which I want more soon, but this is part of one. There will also be half a face at the bottom right. I know the quality of the church is crap, but I'm working on it. Also, the little thing at the bottom left is the STC logo.

Any feedback is appreciated.
THAT LOOKS MAD! my only issue is centre the font so its highlighted by the streaks of lightning coming down from its sides.....but thats just what id do so yeah whatever! its so snazzy!!!

Originally posted by Will_Sparky
Okay... lol..
Last year for Prelim drama we had to do an almost MINI Individual Project, Similar to the options for HSC, but with last year's texts (thats the loophole so its not HSC drama :p). I chose promotion and program as an option, and what I did, was go wild with all this symbolism and metaphor for Strindberg's A Dream Play. AND I worked forever on making it look beautiful. We only had 6 weeks for this, and I spent every waking moment on it. Week 4, i showed it to a drama/english teacher who is brilliant in interpretation of visual media!

She told me, okay, it looks great, but HOW are you selling it, I get no sense of your target audience, and your vectors are all over the place. She told me to look at AIDA (Attention, Information, D... oh god, what is it... DETAIL! and Action) This is the basic principal of advertising, you need to get attention, present info, details, then promote some form of action. You need to focus on where the responders eyes go, YOU need to control that, and reflect on it in your Rationale, Someone who looks at ADVERTISING as well as symbolism is bound to get more marks simply because the project is based on Advertising and Promotion.

Make sense?
ok...i get you but i dont know what to do to do that! any suggestions? seriously? what would you do???

Originally posted by Skillo
It's good Meggy Moo. It would be nicer if the silhouette of the pregnant woman was smaller, the fetus bigger (there is a lot of empty space) and the text needs to jump out at you. I suggest either a different font or getting it out of italics...however, this is from an art perspective...do you want me to post some of my posters that i've done and won comps with? I dunno if they would help though.
THANK YOU SO MUCH THAT WOULD BE LOVELY!!! it would be a huge help....im actually having to redo the whole thing anyway cos my hard drive got wiped and my A drive is gone as well as my computer version so yeah! but it hasnt taken long and im almost done! so spanks!

Originally posted by aLeeOh!
sorry i just saw it today.. nice work meggz! but i agree with what some of the others said... but in all , top stuff buddy!
THANKS!!!

Will_Sparky

Left BOS 8/7/2005...
HSC
Originally posted by meggy_moo

ok...i get you but i dont know what to do to do that! any suggestions? seriously? what would you do???
Speak to an english teacher.. ill try and dig up my old notes.. but English teachers are gold at advertising!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)