Fees for Combined Law @ UNSW? (1 Viewer)

aznchick44

HSC
N/A
How does it work? Like, for the student contribution amount - if we do a double degree do we pay twice the amount? like for law and for commerce? (ie, 9080 for law, and 9080 for commerce?)

and, do we have to pay anything else other than student contribution amount cos i read soemthign about having to pay approx 500 for each unit of credit we do?

Thanks in advanced for answers :)

ajdlinux

Mod: ANU, ATAR/HSC Marks
HSC
The student contribution rate is expressed in $ per Equivalent Full Time Study Load (EFTSL). A typical unit will be 0.125 EFTSL as it's 1/8 of your year's courses.

So assuming the fees for Law are $9080 per EFTSL, and $9080 per EFTSL for Commerce, you'll be charged $1135 per unit, for both Commerce and Law units. You end up paying the same rate as if you were to do a single degree but for an additional year.

And no, you don't have to pay anything other than student contribution - other than textbooks and similar things of course.

aznchick44

HSC
N/A
What about tuition fees ?
like .. https://my.unsw.edu.au/student/fees/Law.html ??
Is that separate or same as student contribution ?

Also, I don't get the units division thing .. :/
Sorry if the questions are stupid, I'm just confused :/

And thanks heaps for the quick reply !!

ajdlinux

Mod: ANU, ATAR/HSC Marks
HSC
Separate. If you have a fee-paying place (DFEE or International), then you pay fees directly to the uni. If you have Commonwealth-supported place (CSP), which most domestic students and Australian citizens have, then you pay student contribution either through the uni or through the Tax Office.

aznchick44

HSC
N/A
Oooh really? Why not?

And thanks a bunch for your repliess !

aznchick44

HSC
N/A
Oh okays :)
Thank you so much for the replies. Much appreciated.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)