Female car enthusiasts? (1 Viewer)

mzduxx2006

HSC
Just out of curiosity what do you guys think of girls who are totally into cars. Maybe im not as much as a car enthusiast as you guys, but i know a fair bit, i totally love the sports cars especially skylines and the mitsubishsi EVO's, supras are pretty good and we all know rexis are overrated since every second person in australia pretty much owns one :D. Do you guys get a bit like worried or do u think its totally cool when girls like cars.... i mean at least a common interest is shared i guess?

sasan160

v-tec
HSC
i dont know about anyone else but when i see a girl in a good car it makes them look vvvvvvvvvvvvvery hot especially if they are in a honda then i must make love to them asap!:bomb:

cuppas

Apprentice Mechanic
HSC
the previous poster should not be taken as any indication of the opinion of the general male population. it is somewhat clear he hasnt touched a girl before.

but um girls and cars, i dunno. what if you dont like the same type of car? and do you know much bout how they work?

i think that eventually, it would get a bit samey if all a couple talked about was cars that they dont own.

but it would be cool to chill and talk cars i spose, but then youd sorta be one of the guys? i dont know, its never happened to me before. most are like, skylines? whats that?

it certainly wouldnt work in reverse without unwanted implications, anyway. picture a guy chatting about manolo blahniks with a girl :/

Pace_T

HSC
imo its ok if girls know what each car is called but to actually be enthusiastic about it, is weird... do we guys go talking about how to cook or clean, no.. lol
its so obvious theyre out for attention. when i see a guy drive a hot supra or skyline, or watever i think yeah he must have taken care of that car like it was his baby. but when i see a girl driving a sporty car i see her as being desperate for guys attention. i guess im applying double standards here but thats just the way my banana peels.
ive had so many dumb chiks show off trying to drag its not funny. lol once this lowie had a baby in the back seat and she was trying to drag me. i was like, dude, thats not cool. haha
*waits to get attacked by everybody*

7th Sign

HSC
its ok to a certain extent,

when girls start talking about engines and stuff like that its a bit of a turn off imo...

I mean its like guys talking about what make ups made of or something...

but yeah i don't mind gurls who actually know names of cars and stuff like that, but its weird when girls start talking about turbos/mods and stuff like that heheehe...

7th Sign

HSC
Pace_T said:
once this lowie had a baby in the back seat and she was trying to drag me. i was like, dude, thats not cool. haha
lol I have seen man lowies try and drag me all the time...

their needs to be some anti GIRL hoon ads on TV i think...

CieL

HSC
My ex was [and still is] enthusiastic about showing and teaching me anything about cars.. think he was pretty happy to find a girl genuinely interested to learn more..

My current bf's knowledge is limited to whatever he has happened to his vehicle, so when I point out something he has no idea about.. he'd get a weird look on his face, give me shifty eyes, say "okaaaaaaaaaaaaaay...." and look away..

So.. it depends

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Hang on, let me get this straight, a female who shares your passion and actually knows the engine from the exhaust and you guys are turned off by it?

Are you all fucking gay?

S1M0

LOLtheist
HSC
mzduxx2006 said:
Just out of curiosity what do you guys think of girls who are totally into cars. Maybe im not as much as a car enthusiast as you guys, but i know a fair bit, i totally love the sports cars especially skylines and the mitsubishsi EVO's, supras are pretty good and we all know rexis are overrated since every second person in australia pretty much owns one :D. Do you guys get a bit like worried or do u think its totally cool when girls like cars.... i mean at least a common interest is shared i guess?
They're the best kind of girl in my opinion.

Odette1990

HSC
I know a bit about cars, but not to the extent where i know engine types or how to repair cars. It does help make conversation though and as mentioned by the starter of the thread, it is something you have in common with a guy so its alright. I just think in my honest opinion that when a girl becomes obsessed with cars and knows a little too much about cars she has gone a little too far. No offence to any girls out there who are like that...

spangacrab

HSC
AsyLum said:
Hang on, let me get this straight, a female who shares your passion and actually knows the engine from the exhaust and you guys are turned off by it?

Are you all fucking gay?
My thoughts exactly.

CieL

HSC
Odette1990 said:
I just think in my honest opinion that when a girl becomes obsessed with cars and knows a little too much about cars she has gone a little too far. No offence to any girls out there who are like that...
Serious.. I'm jealous of girls [anyone in general really] who get to spend time with their dads in say, the garage or get to be active on the track..

Too bad my dad doesn't even know how to change a flat tyre.

But what do you mean by "too far"? What's wrong with knowing? It's like how men say women belong in the kitchen, yet you have a billion male chefs.

Odette1990

HSC
CieL said:
Serious.. I'm jealous of girls [anyone in general really] who get to spend time with their dads in say, the garage or get to be active on the track..

Too bad my dad doesn't even know how to change a flat tyre.

But what do you mean by "too far"? What's wrong with knowing? It's like how men say women belong in the kitchen, yet you have a billion male chefs.
Oh Im sorry theres nothing wrong with knowing, its just i dont think women should be repairing cars, thats just my opinion though, i dont mean to be sexist or anything but there are some things that women should do and some that men should do.

HSC
Odette1990 said:
Oh Im sorry theres nothing wrong with knowing, its just i dont think women should be repairing cars, thats just my opinion though, i dont mean to be sexist or anything but there are some things that women should do and some that men should do.
sex·ism
/ˈsɛk
sɪz
əm/ Pronunciation Key - Show Spelled Pronunciation[sek-siz-uh
m] Pronunciation Key - Show IPA Pronunciation –noun
1.attitudes or behavior based on traditional stereotypes of sexual roles.
2.discrimination or devaluation based on a person's sex, as in restricted job opportunities; esp., such discrimination directed against women.
http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/sexism

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)