Fermentation Prac (1 Viewer)

Sukey

HSC
Our fermentation prac kinda went bad...both weights increased at the end of 2 days! :confused: I dunno what happened, but our teacher decided to avoid discussing that it happened, so now, I have no results!

Does anyone have their results so I can analyse them? I just need some figures... not to hand in as my work or anything, I just need to learn. Thanks!

xiao1985

HSC
N/A
supposingly, the flask with glucose should reduce in weigh (since CO2) escapes into the other flask

Sukey

HSC
Yeah, the theory says that, but I would like some actual figures.

xiao1985

HSC
N/A
fuge it?

i can fuge you some numbers if you really want...

Forbidden.

Banned
HSC
i thought you simply should learn how to analyse a prac for the HSC, so no actual numbers have to be remembers (and definitely dont need to remember the 4 equations involved in the Winkler titration)

... so e.g you must know what the fermentation, distillation or esterification apparatus looks like, know the aim, method and the EXPECTED conclusion.

i screwed up a physics prac and calculated g to be approx 11ms-2 ... Don't say you screwed up the prac you'll lose marks in the HSC if you do. this is 2007.
in fact check the wonderful responses kids make in the 20th century HSC here

LOL @
"We didn't do the experiment. We didn't do any experiments in Carbon
Chemistry or Chemical Energy".
"We didn't do this experiment".
"Haven't done the experiments".
"Didn't do many experiments at all".
So BoS woke up and realised syllabus content needed to be reduced to cope with the pracs so they can learn it.

For this day and age, my Physics teacher says "it's OK to cheat in science", as in falsify your failed prac to the expected outcome, not as in the cheating of sneaking notes or anything.

Sukey

HSC
Yes but I wish to know how far off the theory an actual experimental figure is. So I can analyse why it isn't exactly the expected result.

xiao1985

HSC
N/A
what you got is the actual experimental data...

soon you will learn that, there's the theory, then there's the experiment

Sukey

HSC
I need the experimental data first off. That's what I'm asking for, so I can analyse it according to the theory.

Wyvern02

HSC
Sukey said:
Our fermentation prac kinda went bad...both weights increased at the end of 2 days! :confused: I dunno what happened, but our teacher decided to avoid discussing that it happened, so now, I have no results!

Does anyone have their results so I can analyse them? I just need some figures... not to hand in as my work or anything, I just need to learn. Thanks!
you know what, yeast also reproduce so it contributes to increase of weight. so that's why both weights increased.

btw how did you do that? mine was awful. 7 trials and still no weight changes. the worst thing is the report is going to be collected next wednesday. could you explain why there's no weight changes?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)