Few Q's about Frankenstein (1 Viewer)

Chromatic

Banned
HSC
N/A
1. Did Victor Frankenstein died of pneumonia after telling his lifes story to Walton

2. Did i get this right - The Creature after confronting Walton and grieving over Frankensteins death fleed from the ship never to be seen again but vowing to burn himself after reaching the north poal

3. After Elizabeth is killed by the creature Victor only vows to chase the creature? In the movie he brought Elizabeth back to life to be with the creature and then she committed sucide.. that did NOT happen in the book right? He only vowed to chase the creature for the remainder of his life

Thank you :)

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
Frankenstein isn't a play. But to answer your question, Chromatic hasn't read the novel at all.

I can't remember this much detail from the book - I'm sorry =\

madsam

God among men
HSC
1. Did Victor Frankenstein died of pneumonia after telling his lifes story to Walton

2. Did i get this right - The Creature after confronting Walton and grieving over Frankensteins death fleed from the ship never to be seen again but vowing to burn himself after reaching the north poal

3. After Elizabeth is killed by the creature Victor only vows to chase the creature? In the movie he brought Elizabeth back to life to be with the creature and then she committed sucide.. that did NOT happen in the book right? He only vowed to chase the creature for the remainder of his life

Thank you :)
1. He got sick and died, possible starvation/pneumonia, it isn't relevant to anything in HSC so don't worry

2. why would he vow to burn himself? That's just stupid. He just goes north and disappears, again irrelevant to the story

3. You are correct

Also, any movie version of a book is completely fucked beyond belief, infact, to actually get the story correct and be able to interpret everything correctly, you should avoid watching the movie. Now stop being a twat and read the book.

Chromatic

Banned
HSC
N/A
1. He got sick and died, possible starvation/pneumonia, it isn't relevant to anything in HSC so don't worry

2. why would he vow to burn himself? That's just stupid. He just goes north and disappears, again irrelevant to the story

3. You are correct

Also, any movie version of a book is completely fucked beyond belief, infact, to actually get the story correct and be able to interpret everything correctly, you should avoid watching the movie. Now stop being a twat and read the book.
thx

Eliseeeee

HSC
in the book, he does vow to burn himself, and is very relevant to the story i think. it's symbolic of the monster's redemption and purification. it also continues the light imagery that has been throughout the book.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)