fiftieth gate- different perpectives (1 Viewer)

zinc

HSC
Does anyone have any quotes from 50th Gate that show how there can be different perpectives on the same event?

super-em

HSC
"Couldn't be. Couldn't be."
"But Dad," we both insist. "There was no other place they could have taken you to. All the trains stopped here for the selection."
"No. I don't remember this."

--- Different perspectives of history and memory.
Another one could be in the part where Baker sees the woman who housed his mother Genia. Genia is adamant she lived in the cellar, and the woman disagrees.

lauraclaire

HSC
HELP! i also need quotes on this!!
i really need quotes
my teacher says i have the concept downpat but i just need 2 show how it is represented in the text through techniques and quotes

haven't even finished reading the book!

jen.r.allison

HSC
yewww.
i have to pick and read a four minute section that shows history and memory, and then rewrite from the perspective of the main character in that section. ANY IDEAS.
im seriously stumped.

:(

fiSHtITS

Cynical Member
HSC
When his father is so numb from having to be marched from his family and home that he believes it is a cold winters day when the facts are that it was autum and a warm day, don't know if this helps.

DA15Y

HSC
yeh i need help with this too, but i think its easy to understand the concept and all coz we hav a good teacher, but the thing is i havent finish reading the book yet so its kinda hard for me to find relevant quotes.... well i beta get bak 2 da book n look for quotes myself :p

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)