Fiftieth Gate (1 Viewer)

..:::LoZzA:::..

HSC
Would anyone be able to help me in understanding the Fiftieth Gate and how it relates to History and Memory. I get the basic concepts but i need a deeper understanding. I'm also doing an essay on it and the topic is "History, without memory, is merely a collection of facts, and consequently without real meaning in our world." Any help on Fiftieth Gate in general would be greatly appreciated

jarro_2783

HSC
woh, no way. I'm doing exactly the same essay.
This is a hard topic. I don't really get it either. I'm just going to ramble on I think. I found a couple of other good texts. What I'm doing is defining history and memory, my next point is "History without memory is merely a collection of facts", and my last point is "and consequently without real meaning in our world". So I'm basically just answering the question. But I'll use our visit to the Jewish museum to talk about history being just a collection of facts. Then I'll somehow talk about how it has no meaning in our world.

edit: lol, I just looked at your profile, you are from my school.

gordo

Resident Jew
HSC
hope it helps,

just drill into your head the fundemental duality of history and memory, they both need each other for either to exist

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)