Fiji schoolies 08 (1 Viewer)

Sammiesunshine

HSC
hey is anyone going to Fiji for schoolies 08?? If so is anyone staying at mango bay resort or beachcomber?

xoxo

col333

HSC
hey me and a few of my friends were planning on staying at mango bay resort with the schoolies package they have for it it looks really good you should go ther! the more schoolies people the better. im just worried because some websites are telling me the legal drinking age is 18 and some 21?? do u know which one?

Sammiesunshine

HSC
yeah i'm pretty sure we will be there i reserved a space and everything but i'm a bit worried because a few people seem to be getting cheaper packages elsewhere for more nights....
Ok well it actually is 17 according to people that went to beachcomber, but its defineately not 21 and they offer the bar for schoolies week at mango bay so it must be 18 :). What week are you going?

col333

HSC
we are going the 2nd week. wow 17? i hope its that coz i have some underage friends. we are now thinking abotu beachcomber because its known as the party island haha! i think a week is good because ive heard from alot of people a week is awsome but any longer you start to get bored.

Sammiesunshine

HSC
Where are you booking through? i recommend a travel agent, we were going through unleashed but now its seeming that travel agent can get mango bay quite cheaper. through unleashed 7 nights at mango bay including food was $1749, but through flight centre you can stay 14 nights with only breakfast included for $2020. I know food costs a fair bit, but either way it's saving alot booking through flight centre by the looks of things.

Initially i was adamant to go to beachcomber but it is a little bit more expensive if you are like me and refuse to stay in a dorm.... but honestly mango bay seems really good anyways

and the drinking age probably wont matter much they make your parents sign wavers if you are under 18 saying that they acknowledge that the trip is "designed for 18-19 yr olds" and will include the activities that entails... so i'm guessing they wont be too strict with someone a few months underage..

col333

HSC
oh thats good then. well me and my friends are having a schoolies discussion today haha and im going to the travel agent so ill sort it out then but either way should be awsome. hopefull mango bay isnt booked out tho..

Jotl

HSC
N/A
I have been looking into both Beachcomber and Mango Bay and both look really good. I have sussed out the drinking age issue as well. Beachcomber and Mango Bay have been rented for the schoolies weeks by that Unleashed company and so they have set the drinking age at 18 (like australia). 17 Year olds are alloud to come but they wont be able to buy droinks from the bar, but how will they know really hehe. The company that is organising it has a website www.travelisliving.com. Check it out.

lpayne

HSC
Im going to fiji!!!

im going to fiji, its so exciting. im staying at the naviti resort, do u no anyone else that is staying there???xx

jessycar

HSC
Yeah! I am! how exciting, we are staying at the outrigger, but i dont know what the drinking age is... is it definitely 18 everywhere in Fiji? Or only on some islands etc?
xx

mattfeno

HSC
wooo im goin beach comber PARTY ISLAND from 31st november till 7 december or something like that
im only 17 then but ppl i know went last year who were 17 still got drinks n stuf

jayciiee

yallah shoe cuz byeee
HSC
hey everyone,

apparently november - april is the monsoonal period. im not sure, but have you checked the climate and weather cycles there? just interested. :)

shazran

HSC
col333 said:
hey me and a few of my friends were planning on staying at mango bay resort with the schoolies package they have for it it looks really good you should go ther! the more schoolies people the better. im just worried because some websites are telling me the legal drinking age is 18 and some 21?? do u know which one?
its 21 .. douche bag ... mango bay schoolies package is canceled

zoeanne

HSC
Hey all.
just wondering if anyone could plz let me know, about the deals and around how much they are paying for there schoolies trip to Fiji? and is the drinking age really only 17? omg that would be soo great.. there is about half of the girls im going with that will be underage...

~untitled~

HSC
Legal drinking age is 18, or so we were told by the locals when we were there. However, its really not strict, my friend and i were only 17 and we were still buying alcohol, they really dont care.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)