Votes: 21 21.4%
  • Other - Specify

Votes: 13 13.3%

• Total voters

reno2004

Retired Member - 1/12/04
HSC
N/A
FF10 is alright at the start, but then I just lost interest in it (too repetitive) as soon I was able to play blitz-ball any time i wanted in the calm lands. Couldnt be bothered to finish it now. The graphics are very nice and the FMV's are great, but I dont think it was as engaging as FF7. FF7 is still the pinnacle of the final fantasy series.
I dont know about what FF11 is like but i dont that is coming to Oz anytime soon. FF12 is the next one to look forward to then. The few trailers i have downloaded look pretty good.

funniboi

HSC
where do you get the trailers from?

there's a final fantasy vii movie.

called advent children.

can't wait for it !!!

cloud and sephirof is in it!

SipSip

HSC
N/A
Have you noticed that FF12 is actually similar to .Hack's battle system...I don't like that since that not everyone is in your control...and also movement is a problem...
I think Final Fantasy should stick with what worked in FF7...I personally don't like battle systems that are so complicated...doesn't allow you time to appreciate the rest of the game

onigiri

HSC
SipSip said:
Have you noticed that FF12 is actually similar to .Hack's battle system...I don't like that since that not everyone is in your control...and also movement is a problem...
I think Final Fantasy should stick with what worked in FF7...I personally don't like battle systems that are so complicated...doesn't allow you time to appreciate the rest of the game

FF12 is out already?

funniboi

HSC
i think ff11 is mmorpg

or someshit

where ur 1 character, and u walkaround level up etc..
like diablo sorta..

not sure.

SipSip

HSC
N/A
FF12 is not out, but squares realised info about how the battle system will become.

reno2004

Retired Member - 1/12/04
HSC
N/A
FF11 is a mmorpg, it is only out in Japan at the moment and going to be out in America soon i think. I think the reason it isnt coming out in Australia is because there arent enough broadband subscribers and therefore not many people with ps2 online capabilities. And since FF11 is online only, it would be pointless to bring it here.

You can get trailers from gametrailers.com, i think they still have all the FF ones there.

funniboi

HSC
oic

i dont think mmorpg suits final fantasy...

bleh, i like it the way it used to be, 4disc's and all!

1 disc.. altho its a dvd disc, doesn't feel as long as the 4disc ones, and doesn't appeal that much! lol 4disc is much more of a challenge i reckon!

SipSip

HSC
N/A
the girl in your avatar is damn cute!!

anyway, yeah, 4 discs seems to make you feel better value for money...haha

FF11's been out in USA for a while now...my daddy's going back to hk soon, so i'm gonna ask him to get it there, since that EB won't help me import one here...

funniboi

HSC
i've just started playin ffix

i can see why pepole diss it,

but apparantly its not all that bad. it's shitter then the others i must admitt.
and it's way stupid. with the whole 'trance' thing, how you get it and u've selected a move and it wastes... or how at the end of the battle its gone
but so far im only about 3hrs into the game.

hope it gets better. right now 5/10 for me.

Hotsauce

Denied
HSC
tonberry_kun said:
from the looks of things he's got 8x mime+counter
do Ugermax... (barret's lvl 3,#2 limit break)... and wait for emerald to hit him :p

of course i can't be sure since the whole video is in jap...
one thing i dont get is what w-item he's using on barret
looks like a barrier/mbarrier type item... sort of like 'big guard'... without the haste
That would be two Hero Drinks... raising all your abilities during battle if I can remember :cool:

I for one am looking forward to the Advent Children movie, hopefully it will be better than The Spirits Within.

To sum up my FF experiences:
- loved FF7, played it to death (i.e. all items, LV 99 all characters etc.), best battle system IMHO and first FF I played
- liked FF8 storyline the most
- played all other FF except 1, 2, 10 (stopped playing after 9!)

funniboi

HSC
advent children would be based on the final fantasy game

where as the spirits within wasnt based on any game =P

so it should be awesome! i've got the trailer for it :D :D

money_maker

HSC
N/A
At the moment I would say FFVIII was the best, I loved the story and I have the soundtrack for it. Although I'm curious about how Kiros and Ward mentioned how Squall looked like his mum and it never went further than that. There were so many questions relating to the story that never got answered.

I finished the whole game last week with every character maxed out and every GF at Level 100. The sad thing was that I played it for two weeks straight and didn't go out at all and had like 4 hours sleep each night.
I always get so addicted to Final Fantasy games that when I start them I play them continually until I finish it.

funniboi

HSC
I'm already sick of FFIX, still up to disc one, grrrr.. !!

Ragerunner

Your friendly HSC guide
HSC
Anyone interested in buying a FF VIII collectors set ?

This set includes

x1 Squall Griever Necklace
x1 Griever ring
x1 Keyring gunblade

AND added bonus I put in a bracelet as you can see in the photo.

They all look very nice.

I bought it all from a store at marketcity (sydney) for $60 and it includes a beautiful giftbox.

Reserve is $35

For a bigger picture here it is.

http://www.users.on.net/~unix/DSCN0613.JPG

onigiri

HSC
money_maker said:
At the moment I would say FFVIII was the best, I loved the story and I have the soundtrack for it. Although I'm curious about how Kiros and Ward mentioned how Squall looked like his mum and it never went further than that. There were so many questions relating to the story that never got answered.

I finished the whole game last week with every character maxed out and every GF at Level 100. The sad thing was that I played it for two weeks straight and didn't go out at all and had like 4 hours sleep each night.
I always get so addicted to Final Fantasy games that when I start them I play them continually until I finish it.
FFVIII isn't actually that good compared to some of the other FFs. Like you said so many questions were unanswered. I think the best part of FFVIII was the story in disc1. Then in disc2 they try to explain it and thats when it starts confusing you. The graphics are really good though and the music is too :D is anyone going to A Night in Fantasia? That concert where they're gonna be playing music from Studio Ghibli and Final Fantasy? The guy that composed Final Fantasy music, Nobuo Uematsu is gonna be there!

Seraph

Now You've done it.......
HSC
N/A
these games are good to play when doing your HSC

no really , v relaxing :D

poloktim

\(^o^)/
HSC
Final Fantasy VI was my favourite!

Followed by VII then IX, then VIII, I didn't much like FFX, X-2 was better in my opinion. Yet it still wasn't very good.

OGM RAGERUNNER!!!!! WHY DO YOU NEVER COME ONLINE ANYMORE???? :(((

jm1234567890

Premium Member
HSC
Ragerunner said:
Anyone interested in buying a FF VIII collectors set ?

This set includes

x1 Squall Griever Necklace
x1 Griever ring
x1 Keyring gunblade

AND added bonus I put in a bracelet as you can see in the photo.

They all look very nice.

I bought it all from a store at marketcity (sydney) for $60 and it includes a beautiful giftbox.

Reserve is $35

For a bigger picture here it is.

http://www.users.on.net/~unix/DSCN0613.JPG
i can't see how that gun blade is a key ring... it looks pretty sharp :s

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)