Finding funding to study in Germany AND/OR Netherlands - help!? (1 Viewer)

Logan Driver

HSC
G'day BOS'ers

By way of introduction, I am a local penultimate year combined law student here in Sydney.

I really need your advice, opinions and guidance on a matter I'm facing.

I've found out from Netherlands(University of Leiden) that I got into their summer program to study International Criminal Law. If I choose to take it up, it is very costly. Will cost me around $3000(AUD) plus accommodation, insurance, living costs and travel.

I've also found out from Germany(Bucerius University) that I got into their summer program to study International Business Law. It I choose to take it up, it is also very costly. Will cost me around $3000(AUD) plus accommodation, insurance, living costs and travel.

The good thing is that both summer schools happen at different times. In an ideal world, if I could afford one or both programs, I'd do them both.

This is where the bad news comes in - I can't afford the programs. So expensive. And this is coming from someone who has TWO jobs..boo!

Anyway I was wondering if you guys would be able to clue me in on organisations or associations or schemes that grant scholarships and or funding to Australian undergraduate students to study short courses in Europe/overseas - particularly Germany and the Netherlands?

I've tried the German Academic Exchange Service(DAAD) as I studied on a short scholarship last December, but they don't have a funding scheme for what I want to do in Germany next year.

And with Netherlands, same thing. I missed the deadline(1st Dec) to apply for a fellowship scholarship thing for short courses(because they took forever to get back to my enquiries..long story).

Now I'm stuck. I've gotten accepted into two competitive programs(hard to get in), but can't afford to attend them. Life sucks, but I want to make life less sucky..

I would be grateful if you can provide me tips/advice on where to get scholarships/funding for these opportunities...

I've thought about approaching my Law and Arts faculties early next semester for sure..but other than that I don't have any ideas...

Thanks in advance

Logan

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)