Fine mess as police car stolen (1 Viewer)

chicky_pie

POTATO HEAD ROXON
HSC
FIRST we talked to a young thief who backed Premier Morris Iemma's plan to allow criminals to buy their way out of jail - now red-faced police are hunting for their own patrol car after an unmarked Drug Squad vehicle was stolen in Sydney's northwest.

Officers were this morning warned to be on the lookout for the black SV6 Holden Commodore stolen from a Richmond address.

Police Minister David Campbell today said there was nothing "particularly sensitive" in the vehicle.

"There was some police equipment (inside)," Mr Campbell said. "I understand there was a police radio in the vehicle but it has been disabled."

The latest police debacle comes as delinquent Eric said Mr Iemma's bid to replace law and order with token fines held one message for him and his mates: "Go and shoplift."

Eric, 17, has appeared in court twice on shoplifting charges and admitted yesterday to stealing Game Boys, DVD players, expensive clothes and mobile phones.

The teenager, from St Marys, told The Daily Telegraph he would spread word of the Premier's surrender to thieves to his mates - and predicted a shoplifting bonanza.

"Put it this way, my mates all wouldn't really give a f. . . about the fines, they'll just shoplift and they'll come back and do it again," said Eric, whose last name cannot be published for legal reasons.

"Basically it says, 'Go and shoplift' - it is an easy way out.

"If we are not getting charged for it, let's go and do it. I guarantee it is going to increase and increase and increase. I'll spread the message to my mates."

Luckily for Mr Iemma, Eric will be old enough to vote at the next state election in 2011.

It can be revealed that the State Government's move to replace some criminal prosecutions with on the spot fines - dubbed Criminal Infringement Notices - has increased petty crime in several areas and failed to achieve any overall reduction in minor offences.

And, in a further demonstration of the laws' absurdity, people will now receive a bigger fine for swearing at a RailCorp transit officer than for swearing at a police officer.

http://www.news.com.au/dailytelegraph/story/0,22049,22642971-5001021,00.html

sign the petition:

http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/Stopfinesforcrimes/

WHY DID NSW VOTED FOR THIS IDIOT FOR ANOTHER 4 YEARS?

Graney

Horse liberty
HSC
Re: Why criminals vote for Morris Iemma

Prosecuting petty crimes like shoplifting takes up way too much time and paperwork.

Police are overwhelmed dealing with beauracracy. This is a sensible obvious solution.

One teen ganster saying he's going on a stealing spree does not convince.

If the person has a criminal record, they can and will be charged with stealing and face court.

The Daily Telegraph is full of fail.

jb_nc

Google "9-11" and "truth"
HSC
N/A

chicky_pie said:
lol irony

williams180

HSC

Graney said:
Prosecuting petty crimes like shoplifting takes up way too much time and paperwork.

Police are overwhelmed dealing with beauracracy. This is a sensible obvious solution.

One teen ganster saying he's going on a stealing spree does not convince.

If the person has a criminal record, they can and will be charged with stealing and face court.

The Daily Telegraph is full of fail.
youre joking this is clearly the most ridiculous idea ever. It promotes stealing things if u can just pay your way out of it. Why not take the chance now if you dont get a record. In fact thanks to this complete 'anarchist' law ill just go down the electronic store now and try my luck. Makes me sick such a complete joke of state government.

Graney

Horse liberty
HSC

I am an anti-Christ
I am an anarchist,
don't know what I want
but I know how to get it.
I wanna destroy the passer by
'cos I wanna be anarchy,
Ho dogs body

Anarchy for the NSW
It's coming sometime and maybe
I give a wrong time stop a traffic line.
Your future dream has sure been seen through
I wanna be anarchy,
It's in the city

I use the best I use the rest
I use the Green Left Weekly
I use anarchy
'cause I wanna be anarchy,

Its the only way to be

Last edited:

wrxsti

Rambo
HSC
Every government is incompetent, some moreso, i love morris iemma, he sounds like a good bloke. lol.

jimmayyy

HSC
chicky_pie said:
because there was no better alternative. better the ridiculously shit candidate we half know than the ridiculously shit premier who wears budgie smuglers

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)