• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

firefox bookmarks (1 Viewer)

doe

HSC
N/A
ok, i had firefox installed on e: of this machine
c: was an xp install

c: kinda died and i cant boot from it, so it became f: the files etc are still accessible.

c: is now a new drive running win2k server.

so we have

c: win2k server
e: data dump
f: old xp c:

i can still run firefox from the e: install, but ive lost my bookmarks, anyone know how i can recover them? i cannot boot to xp and export them.

ta muchly

MedNez

:o>---<
HSC
N/A
On your old install files, locate the following:

X:\Documents and Settings\XXXUSERNAMEXXX\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\XXXPROFILEXXX and copy the 2 bookmark files to your new install, under the same path.

Regards,

Med

doe

HSC
N/A
thanks for you reply, but o luck it seems. i dont have the Application Data directory. i did a find for it across all hd's and nothing came up, i also did a find for *PROFILE* but nothing likely was found. any other ideas? maybe it was in the registry?

MedNez

HSC
N/A
Do a search for bookmarks.html or bookmarks.bak. Those are the two files in which your bookmarks will be stored in.

Med

absolution*

ymyum
HSC
Speaking of firefox bookmarks...
Is it possible to somehow extend the tabs bar just below the address bar to take up two lines because ive run out of room.

MedNez

HSC
N/A
Not as far as I'm aware - however there may be an option in about:config that can be changed.

anti

aww.. baby raccoon ^^
HSC
absolution* said:
Speaking of firefox bookmarks...
Is it possible to somehow extend the tabs bar just below the address bar to take up two lines because ive run out of room.
No, but you CAN put folders in that tab bar, and put links inside those folders. It's probably one extra click but it's a lot easier than going through bookmarks.

Right click -> New folder, then drag links into it

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)