First assessments for 2010 HSC (1 Viewer)

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
This is true, but now my rank will be something shit since everyone else did well. Damnit, this is the downside of going to ruse >< But thanks anyway, guess I'll just have to study harder before next assessments. Avoiding 5hour long dance rehearsals the night before would probably be good too, haha XP

Good luck for your first test Shadowdude :]
Thanks x jiim!

Also, Luky, imagine my surprise in the mail when I find my English teacher mailed me my assignment... so you may get it back. Through the mail.

ninetypercent

ninety ninety ninety
HSC
+1

i have my first test week 5 next term... Worth 20%. Probably gonna be on complex numbers... The class is kind of slow. However the only other two doing it are considering dropping so, perhaps this rank thing won't really matter for me =p
lucky!!!!

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
Keep the pressure up!

Or do what I used to do on racing games, and trail the first placed car until the final bend, crash his car into the wall and race to sweet victory. How to do this in RL? Minutes before your final exam, accuse him of sleeping with your girlfriend and let the fighting ensue. At the worst, you'll have to do the paper later - and you can ask your friends who had already done it to tell you what was in it =P

ilikebeeef

HSC
Keep the pressure up!

Or do what I used to do on racing games, and trail the first placed car until the final bend, crash his car into the wall and race to sweet victory. How to do this in RL? Minutes before your final exam, accuse him of sleeping with your girlfriend and let the fighting ensue. At the worst, you'll have to do the paper later - and you can ask your friends who had already done it to tell you what was in it =P
Lol surely they will tell you... not xD

My first Maths Extension 2 task is the half yearly exam :)
:jaw: Woah why? How many MX2 assessments do you have in total?

El_Nino

HSC
still waiting to get mine back, would there be much range in difficulty of tests between schools??
I hope im not in for a mean shock come the external test!!!

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
There is a very large disparity between schools, that's why the external exam is there to ensure that a class that gets all 100's and then fails and gets 30 in the externals has a top mark of 30, while the class that gets all 24's but gets 100 in the externals have a top mark of 100.

El_Nino

HSC
anyone done ext 2 maths and 3 histories??? (ancient, modern, extension) is it too much work??

Aquawhite

Retiring
HSC
Uni Grad
Why's that? My school has 5 o_O
I my opinion I would prefer to have more maths assessment to be fair and less chance of stuffing up that way, but the other kid doing Extension 2 should not be (for several reasons including aptitude, work ethic and maths skills)...

So in the end it's not that bad, I just need to make sure I'm giving equal treatment to all topics (or at least balanced treatment) and focusing on the topics I'm weakest at - since assessments best reveal this to me.

ilikebeeef

HSC
There is a very large disparity between schools, that's why the external exam is there to ensure that a class that gets all 100's and then fails and gets 30 in the externals has a top mark of 30, while the class that gets all 24's but gets 100 in the externals have a top mark of 100.
Lol it would be funny for a whole school cohort to deliberately fail all their assessments, then everyone study uber hard and get 90+ in the external exam. Their school will come first in the subject. :D

I my opinion I would prefer to have more maths assessment to be fair and less chance of stuffing up that way, but the other kid doing Extension 2 should not be (for several reasons including aptitude, work ethic and maths skills)...

So in the end it's not that bad, I just need to make sure I'm giving equal treatment to all topics (or at least balanced treatment) and focusing on the topics I'm weakest at - since assessments best reveal this to me.
I see.

I got 98%. 2nd place. I will come 1st next time
^ future 99+er. Congrats in advance.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)