First Car recommendations (1 Viewer)

OzKo

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
Out of curiosity OP, any movement on this matter?

Drifting95

Should i change my DP?
HSC
Out of curiosity OP, any movement on this matter?
Nope, none at all. Since i bought the Civic i haven't really worried about it. Think i will just learn on that while i'm on my p's and by the time i get my blacks, i will have enough money for a quicker and better car anyway. The civic is a one owner with only 98 000km and i got it cheap, so i am pretty confident i will make at least 2k profit when i sell it.

Drifting95

Should i change my DP?
HSC
my friend has an 86, the interior is so basic - maybe because he bought the standard version and there's minimal moving space!

An lexus is200 would be good as a first car ! then 250 or 350 soon after :)
Yeah have you looked at the rear seats? piss all leg room. But it's aimed at being a light sports car so i doubt Toyota thought the rear leg room or the interior was that important compared to the handling.

brent012

Webmaster
Webmaster
HSC
All Hondas (well accord euros, any new or vtec integras and preludes atleast) have ridiculously expensive insurance for P platers =S

As for cop attention my old car (now my brothers) would seem to attract attention since it was yellow, lowered and had a bodykit etc. but i never got pulled over. Now i have a SSS Pulsar with a loud exhaust and still havent been pulled over, depends on your luck and how you drive.

Last edited:

princessoz247

HSC
Uni Grad
The Mazdas are pretty good cars :) Have a look at them perhaps..

Drifting95

Should i change my DP?
HSC
All Hondas (well accord euros, any new or vtec integras and preludes atleast) have ridiculously expensive insurance for P platers =S

As for cop attention my old car (now my brothers) would seem to attract attention since it was yellow, lowered and had a bodykit etc. but i never got pulled over. Now i have a SSS Pulsar with a loud exhaust and still havent been pulled over, depends on your luck and how you drive.
It's probably because so many p plater's drive them and have accidents due to driving like hero's.

iampeterr

King
HSC
Uni Grad
Yeah have you looked at the rear seats? piss all leg room. But it's aimed at being a light sports car so i doubt Toyota thought the rear leg room or the interior was that important compared to the handling.
That's because all Toyota drivers are Asian - short LOL. only kidding.

Yeah the i was planning to get an 86 but after seeing inside and how plain it is, changed my mind to the is250 ..

Gary_Oak

Taking a Piss
HSC
Yes obviously, but i'm sure some cars would attract more attention then others. Eg p plate commodore or p plate toyota yaris, the commodore would be cop bait...
Also its would depend on the area as well, eg your more likey to get pulled over in mt druitt, rather than chatswood

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)