First round offers (1 Viewer)

Andrew_MM

HSC
Hey- I just have a couple of questions about first round offers:

how do we accept, and what happens if you decline?

Are individual students given more than one offer from one or multiple unis?

Can this all be done online?

Thanks

pritnep

Boredof?
HSC
Andrew_MM said:
Hey- I just have a couple of questions about first round offers:

how do we accept, and what happens if you decline?
http://www.uac.edu.au/apply/offers.html

If you decline then they might offer you the next perference in the latter rounds but a bigger gamble that's why your preferences is very important. Have some confirm this.

Andrew_MM said:
Are individual students given more than one offer from one or multiple unis?
1 offer per round I believe until you accept one, again wait for someone to confirm that.

Andrew_MM said:
Can this all be done online?
Accepting the offer is done online however enroling at uni you will of course have to go to the uni.

halloween98

HSC
oh crap

I just put my preferences in order of marks required

preference 1) b communication
preference 2) b medical science
but i really wanna do medical science instead of communication

if i don't accept b communication in the first main round, are my chances slimmed for doing medical science in the later round ?

pritnep

Boredof?
HSC
It would depend on course numbers and how many accept their offer in the main round. I think someone who has been through it all and knows more then me can confirm or deny all of this.

pritnep

Boredof?
HSC
I wouldn't stress about it, everyone works out in the end if you really want it you will find a way. But what I said could be wrong as it's just my understanding so take that into account.

Survivor39

Premium Member
HSC
pritnep said:
1 offer per round I believe until you accept one, again wait for someone to confirm that.
Yes that's right. You only get ONE offer from EACH round. If you accept your offer, you will NOT get another offer from a later round.

pritnep said:
Accepting the offer is done online however enroling at uni you will of course have to go to the uni.
Not always.
Enrolling at UNSW is done online.

halloween98

HSC
but are my chances of getting into medical science in the later round slimmer than it would be if it was in the main round offer ?

Survivor39

Premium Member
HSC
halloween98 said:
oh crap

I just put my preferences in order of marks required

preference 1) b communication
preference 2) b medical science

but i really wanna do medical science instead of communication
I still don't get why people put preferences base on marks, not what they actually want to do. :confused:

If you want to do medSc and got an offer for Communication, don't accept it and change your first preference to MedSc so you will be considered in the next round.

If the course is full already you will miss out.

halloween98

HSC
but than if i decline the main round and the later round is full, i'll probably miss out on uni all together

Survivor39

Premium Member
HSC
halloween98 said:
but are my chances of getting into medical science in the later round slimmer than it would be if it was in the main round offer ?
Yes. The course may either be
(1) full (you have no chance of getting in) or
(2) you are competing against people who have also changed their minds for the remaining few spots (the cut off will be higher).

Survivor39

Premium Member
HSC
halloween98 said:
but than if i decline the main round and the later round is full, i'll probably miss out on uni all together
No. if the course is full (e.g. MedSc), they will again go down your list of preference and see what is available. In this case you will look at Communication, if that is full or your requirement is not high enough, they then go to your 3rd choice, then 4th etc.

Survivor39

Premium Member
HSC
halloween98 said:
but are u sure they only give u 1 offer in the main round ?
Sorry I should made myself more clear.
You will only get ONE offer for CSP place, and One for DFEE if you have it on your list.

hellomike

HSC
In the main round, if you are given an offer for a preference you chose, that's it - they don't consider your other preferences. Preferences aren't like a free for all, remember that what you chose as first is the one you really want to do and if you don't get that, you go in the next one if possible.

If you are given an offer in the Main Round, do accept it because there is no guarantee you will be given an offer later.

halloween98

HSC
o.k thnx

but if i do get accepted in B communication

what are the odds of being transfered in the same uni to medical science which requires a lower UAI (uws) ?

halloween98

HSC
wat u mean

do i need to go really good in my course to transfer to another ?

wat if the classes r full for medical science, would i still be able to transfer ?

sx4daboiz

HSC
N/A
Survivor39 said:
I still don't get why people put preferences base on marks, not what they actually want to do. :confused:

If you want to do medSc and got an offer for Communication, don't accept it and change your first preference to MedSc so you will be considered in the next round.

If the course is full already you will miss out.
halloween I suggest you do this, and if you don't get it DO NOT go to uni doing communication if you don't want to do it and waste money on HECS, you should just wait for the next enrolment

halloween98

HSC
if i accept the course in the main round offer

can i get offered medical science in the later round ?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)