First round offers (1 Viewer)

pritnep

Boredof?
HSC
Once you accept an offer that is it no more offers as you have decided what you want to do, so it would be pointless sending out more offers.

halloween98

HSC
so ur sayin...if i reverse the order of my first 2 preferences

1) medsci
2) b comm

after i accept my first preference in the main offer ( b comm)

i can be accepted medsci in the later rounds,,,even though i have already accepted....are u sure?

halloween98

HSC
thnx

so plz tell me wat i shud do to study medSci.....without taking any risks ?

stilll a li'l confused...but u've helped heaps

kami

An iron homily
HSC
N/A
halloween98 said:
thnx

so plz tell me wat i shud do to study medSci.....without taking any risks ?

stilll a li'l confused...but u've helped heaps
If you want to study MedSci, then put it as your first preference. However, if you get an offer for communication in the main round then accept this in case you don't get a later offer for medsci. If you do get a later offer for medsci, you can withdraw from communication and accept medsci. Just make sure medsci is your first preference.

halloween98

HSC
so...if i accept b comm in the main round....i can be offered medical science in the later round

xxPanDa

HSC
kami said:
If you want to study MedSci, then put it as your first preference. However, if you get an offer for communication in the main round then accept this in case you don't get a later offer for medsci. If you do get a later offer for medsci, you can withdraw from communication and accept medsci. Just make sure medsci is your first preference.
i thought that you will not get aanother offer when if u accept the first offer?

i was planning to do what u said.. i until i read the UAC site
Should I accept my offer? I might receive another offer in the next round
If you receive an offer in one round, don't assume that you will receive another offer in a subsequent round. If you don't accept your offer and you don't receive an offer in a subsequent round, you may miss out on being able to study at a tertiary institution in 2007. Accepting an offer does not stop you from being considered in subsequent offer rounds unless it is your first preference (see below). You must accept your offer by the date indicated in your offer material otherwise you may lose your offer.
my first preference is
1sr USYD archi,
2nd is UNSW archi
and i kind of hope to get into UNSW now...after reading some info

Do I need to change my preferences between offer rounds? No, not unless you have changed your mind about what you wish to study. If you receive an offer to your first preference in one offer round you will not be considered for your lower preferences in subsequent offer rounds unless you change your preferences. If you receive an offer to a lower preference in an offer round, you will automatically be considered for your higher preference/s in subsequent rounds
soo if i suddenly decide UNSW is the uni for me,
and i get a USYD offer, and i accept it (just incase)
can i change my preferences, for the secound round to
1st UNSW archi and 2nd USYD

if that doesnt work.. i'll put
1st LAW (i'll never get into this)
2nd UNSW archi

can anyone confirm?

Last edited:

one-love

HSC
in the main round, if you are offered comm... the best thing to do is accept the offer (if not, you may risk not going to uni at all)

then u will have to change ur preferences and put med sci as number One so it will be considered in the later rounds. we can't really tell you if you will get an offer.. but there is a chance... if this is the case.. you will then be able to withdraw from the comm course and enrol into the medical science course.

goodluck, hope you end up gettinig it in the main round

xxPanDa

HSC
webby234 said:
What we've been told by our careers advisor and makes sense based on the information on the UAC website -

Accept your first offer, otherwise you may not be able to go to uni at all this year. Change your preferences, go and enrol and do all the necessary things for your first offer, then if you happen to get an offer into your new first preference, then that's good - you can accept it, unenrol in your first course and enrol in the new one. If you don't, look for a transfer at some stage - if you're well above the cutoff and get reasonable marks in your first semester you should be successful.

i hope your right. so all i have to do is accept my first round and change my 2nd preference to my first 1
then i will be considered for an offeR?

Andrew_MM

HSC
Thanks to both Pritnep and Survivor39 for your help with my original question.

Hope everything turns out ok Halloween.

one-love

HSC
xxPanDa said:
i hope your right. so all i have to do is accept my first round and change my 2nd preference to my first 1
then i will be considered for an offeR?
yep :) you'll be considered in the late round

Wed 17 January - Mon 22 January: Change of preferences accepted for consideration in Late Round

Wed 31 January: Late Round offers e-released ***at 9pm***
-as seen in the UAC website-

townie

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
it scares me that schools have given such a lack of information on this kind of thing

hellomike

HSC
The schools don't feel obliged to have to do so like I remember two years ago, the careers advisor handed those UAC books and he told us to read them and look through and that was really it. Having to worry about this UAC stuff and the final exams... bleh.

halloween98

HSC
thnx for ur help everybody

Don't u just HATE waiting

first the HSC marks..........than the UAI.......and now the offers........and for some the later round offers

and when it gets close to any of these results n offers.......u get nervous

I can't wait till it's all over......the uncertainty is killin me ! ! ! ! ! !

Calla

HSC
hey i want to put down a DFE course in my preference list, and i know it will only be considered after the main round. However lets say i include it today - will i have more of a chance of gettin an offer in the late/final rounds then if i include it (to my list) on the 17th of Jan??

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)