First year B Eng/B Sci textbooks (1 Viewer)

black.vw.beetle

HSC
Does any prospective second year B Eng/B Sci ANU students wanna sell their first year textbooks? Or even better... can any of you tell me which textbooks are required for these courses:

ENGN1211 Discovering Engineering

MATH1115 Mathematics & Applications I Honours
MATH1116 Mathematics & Applications II Honours

PHYS1101 Advanced Physics I
PHYS1201 Advanced Physics II

ENGN1215 Introduction to Materials

ENGN1221 Electromechanical Technology

Thanks heaps~ :)

ByrnEsy

HSC
Yeh i can help you out here.

Engn1211 texts are Teamwork and Project Management by Karl Smith and Pocket Book of technical writing by Leo Finkelstein. Last year they came together in a package for about $70.
Im pretty sure i have never opened these books, i would advise against going and buying them immediately, however they may have some use in later years. Ill probably end up selling them to some unsuspecting 1st year for some beer money.
Im pretty sure Maths and Apps honours uses the same text as the non-honours course, the two texts are Calculus: a complete course by Robert Adams and Linear Algebra by (i cant remember his first name) Lay, i think these also came together for about $120ish these books are used throughout both semesters, and are pretty handy if youre not a gun at maths.
Physics textbook is 'Physics: for scientists and engineers' by Tipler, this is a big fat book which you will almost definatly use, its also good for weightlifting and showing off to your friends. It comes on its own for about $130.
Materials uses 'Materials science and engineering, an introduction' by William D. this was pretty handy in the labs.
Electromech has Statics by Meriam and an electronics book which i didnt buy but probably should have. It will probably be handy to have both of these if the course is anything like last year.
The co-op website will give you more accurate info on the exact books and prices ect

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)