I Study Hard

HSC
Ahh maybe it is available at Parra.
I didn't think it was but maybe it is.

ambermorn

Tic Tac addict.
HSC
N/A
BA's are only offered at Penrith and Bankstown. In the past, BA/Laws students travelled between Penrith/Bankstown and Parramatta. This might have changed with the introduction of BSc/BA which is at Parra, but I'm not certain...

mrsajmon23

The Szyja
HSC
BA's are only offered at Penrith and Bankstown. In the past, BA/Laws students travelled between Penrith/Bankstown and Parramatta. This might have changed with the introduction of BSc/BA which is at Parra, but I'm not certain...
yeah hopefully they've changed it this year....fingers crossed.

sean1990

HSC
hahaha,

I hope u all have fun in Business Academic Skills and introduction to law.

Trust me when I say 2nd sem is ALOT better than 1st.

stick with it, 2nd sem u do crim and law foundation isn't too bad.

mrsajmon23

The Szyja
HSC
hahaha,

I hope u all have fun in Business Academic Skills and introduction to law.

Trust me when I say 2nd sem is ALOT better than 1st.

stick with it, 2nd sem u do crim and law foundation isn't too bad.
Whats Business Academic Skilss??? Is it compulsory for law students?

mrsajmon23

The Szyja
HSC
btw...anyone else having trouble enrolling into their units?

I Study Hard

HSC
Whats Business Academic Skilss??? Is it compulsory for law students?
Its just for students doing comm/law
Hm, i think go to the academic advising, i read the booklet they sent me in the mail about enrolling and it says its compulsory so i haven't actually done the enrolling step yet, i'm waiting til i hear what they have to say, maybe it'll make it easier xD

astroe

HSC
I panicked since apparently everyone else was enrolled and had timetables already (albeit from other universities) so I just enrolled into my units before the Academic Advising day. :p
I suppose I'm comfortable with my choice, but I'm sure I can always change it later if needed be.

I Study Hard

HSC
Check the academic advising date/time/place for your course, i think it says on the site that they'll actually make the computers available for enrolling along with people to assist in the process if you need help.
That's probably what i'll be doing =)

@astroe - i kind of panicked at first too but then i read about the academic advising, it made me feel better.

bakapink

HSC
You don't need to enroll now, the uni will hold an enrolment info/academic advise session, and you should be notified of the date by the uni.
For freshmen, in the law degree, you are looking at doing the core units only, and for the first year, that is Torts, Introduction to Law, Law Foundation, Criminal Law; you can find their unit code in the handbook which is available on the uni website.
Campbelltown is accessible by train, has a green campus, a few ponds, green grass, quiet, close to the shopping centre, but last year, there were a number of assaults/batteries (the difference is taught very early in your first semester) happened outside the campus, so I would say student safety around the campus has not been satisfactory. But the uni has taken some action by implementing a shuttle bus service between the campus and Campbelltown train station (the campus itself is next to Macarthur station).
Personally I still prefer Campbelltown to Parramatta, if the issue of safety set aside.
OMG. Thank you so much for that. I've been so anxious and paranoid since everyone else has already enrolled into their units and already have their own timetable. I guess its better to do it on campus with some assistance rather than doing it at home alone just hoping you did the right thing!

Anyone else excited for the camp? :D

mrsajmon23

The Szyja
HSC
OMG. Thank you so much for that. I've been so anxious and paranoid since everyone else has already enrolled into their units and already have their own timetable. I guess its better to do it on campus with some assistance rather than doing it at home alone just hoping you did the right thing!

Anyone else excited for the camp? :D
camp? (someone aware me please)

Sultun

Banned
HSC
N/A
Is it true that a degree from UWS goes directly onto your criminal record?

Omar-Comin

HSC
N/A
Is it true that a degree from UWS goes directly onto your criminal record?
yes a UWS degree is considered to be a crime, but the punishment is waived due to the server mental disabilities of the defendants

mrsajmon23

The Szyja
HSC
Hang on... we only have to do the Core Units in the first year, don't we?! I thought we go on to choose our Social Science core major units in our 2nd year of university. I've gone over the list of options, but I was planning on actually doing some Laws/Social Sciences and sussing out which I'm most interested in first. Props to you for showing so much initiative though!

If that isn't the case though, please inform me because I be much confused, sir... :confused:

Much respect for the props!

Maybe i should have worded it better..."which majors are you considering for social science?"

I'm thinking of psych or global studies but more inclined to global studies.

X-terc

HSC
N/A
Finally. Someone who's going to be doing the same thing as me!
See you there!
HAHAHA OH NO! I changed from social science to Arts/Law! =(

I was planning to major in Criminology!

mrsajmon23

The Szyja
HSC
anyone here thinking of doing Global Studies for their Arts Major?

bakapink

HSC
I'm tossing up between Global Studies and Asian Studies/International Relations. But I most definately want to be sub-majoring in Japanese. ^^

mrsajmon23

The Szyja
HSC
I'm tossing up between Global Studies and Asian Studies/International Relations. But I most definately want to be sub-majoring in Japanese. ^^
Do Global Studies...you'll become one of a select few.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)