First Years (1 Viewer)

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
Emily. said:
chill out jess, this is first year UNIVERSITY amongst (what is supposed to be) adults, not (which is the bit you seem confused about) high school
You obviously fail to detect my sarcasm. Oh well.

PrincessSJ

Work. Inn. Buy Shoes
HSC
dearest darling hipsta_jess,

is it ok to bend the rules just a little? I have shorts, a singlet and thongs today....

please don't send people to hurt me...

PrincessSJ

Work. Inn. Buy Shoes
HSC
em_516 said:
yeh but see, you're not a first year so it's ok :p
ok good, just checking.. :D

i think first years shuld be made to take a driving proficiency test before being granted entry to the university...

you know those dotted lines across the road, and the Stop sign when leaving the Hunter carpark??
Apparently for new people they mean do a fucking U-turn to go back and look for more parks! fucktard!

lourai*87

~"*_*"~
HSC
blue_chameleon said:
FLIP GIRL! Where the heck do you live? Melbourne?

In on Central Coast, and it takes me 2 hours exactly from station to station. Which I use to my advantage.
Lol i realised later that it might be read as 3 hours each way. Nah, i live in the Bay, so its about 1.5 hours each way = total 3hrs lol.

And really, you guys were all confused and insecure first years once too... :p Its like people tailing me on my Ls...they started off like me as well!

So, what degree are you doing, whoever says it was boring? I am hating chem so much at the moment :(

PaleReflection

i can teach you
HSC
Captain Gh3y said:
Does anyone else currently (like, after a whole 3 days) feel like a moron who should drop out and go full time at mcdonalds?
Nope. Just you.

It's what I want that's easy. It's getting it that
HSC
Captain Gh3y said:
Does anyone else currently (like, after a whole 3 days) feel like a moron who should drop out and go full time at mcdonalds?
actually, i've applied for internal transfer because i hated what i was doing. I came home yesterday and layed down on my bed for 2 straight hours and just did nothing. I have a cold now too. The stress was REALLY getting to me.

If the transfer doesnt work out, i'm dropping out and trying again next year.

SoCal

Hollywood
HSC
There seems to be a lot more Freshmen on this forum than in the past. Have a fun three/four/five years and I might see you on Friday night and not even know:wave:.

em_516

bludging..
HSC
The_highwayman said:
actually, i've applied for internal transfer because i hated what i was doing. I came home yesterday and layed down on my bed for 2 straight hours and just did nothing. I have a cold now too. The stress was REALLY getting to me.

If the transfer doesnt work out, i'm dropping out and trying again next year.
whoa whoa whoa whoa..stress? what? this is WEEK ONE! stress? no!
development studies? no! no stress! what's the problem?

HSC
I had a chat to sarah wright at the picnic yesterday and she said that,considering i didnt like anything we were doing, it probably wasnt a very good start. After all, the four courses i was doing gave me a slight taste of each of the four majors.

The stress was probably caused by the fact that it was a completely new environment, but, since i hated the course and had to attend every day (OK! i know it was only 3! but still...) meant i wasnt a very happy chappy.

So i went off the School of architecture, briefly explained my situation and the lady there gave me an internal transfer form. i had to write a letter too. i dont know if it is successful yet, but she did say that, as long as my UAI was high enough and there was a space avaliable in the degree then there shouldnt be a problem.

fingers crossed, i guess.

Emily.

Pro-VSU
HSC
you dont really get a feel for the subject for a couple of weeks at least
the first lectures are always boring
ALWAYS

em_516

bludging..
HSC
i definitely agree..
i really hated the economics subjects (little did i know that macro would be SOOO much worse than micro), sometimes envs bored me etc. but you just deal with it..
ALREADY i'm loving 2nd year just because i got to pick my subjects and yeh, i'm actually finding them kinda interesting..i'm sure i'll still get bored but i'll still stick it out

i'm thinking though, that if you (highwayman) already think that you should leave dev studies for architecture, without REALLY giving it a decent chance, that you're probably making the right decision to leave it anyway

HSC
Well, I'm officially a student of architecture now.

The Uni rang me last night and said everything was confirmed.

i must say, in rebuttal, that i have had 2 architecture lectures and i found BOTH more interesting than anything i did in development studies. In fact, they were interesting in their own right, not just relatively. I was already having second thoughts before i even started devstuds (hence me starting the thread to see if others could put my mind to rest). The first three days simply confirmed my fears.

em_516

bludging..
HSC
lol, good for you..the way i wrote that probably didn't sound particularly nice, i didn't really mean it like that..but you wrote the same thing yourself pretty much

busterblues

04 Info Tech First in HSC
HSC
Hey everyone,

Im studying Bachelor of Computer Science at Callaghan and staying on campus at Edwards Hall. If you do this degree, or are at Teds, add me to busterblues@hotmail.com.

Subjects I do include
ELEC1700 - Computer Engineering 1
SENG1110 - Intro to Software Engineering
MATH1110 - Mathematics 111
MATH1510 - Discrete Mathematics

Hope to see you all around the campus,

Bryce Robinson

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)