flexible entry (1 Viewer)

Haku

what is the no. of people theyll take in for flexible entry scheme? is it really difficult to get into a course with flexible entry. unlike other uni's the usyd one dun have a form, but rather tell us to send in an email.

um what should in include in the email and can some one give an idea how the interview is like?

ManlyChief

Manly: 7 miles from Sydney, 1000 miles from care
HSC
nosadness said:
what is the no. of people theyll take in for flexible entry scheme? is it really difficult to get into a course with flexible entry. unlike other uni's the usyd one dun have a form, but rather tell us to send in an email.

um what should in include in the email and can some one give an idea how the interview is like?
You really should try giving the University of Sydney helpline a call on 1300 362 006. Seriously, the folks there will be able to tell everything.

Haku

but like the open days, its so biased.

i want opinion of people which got in through flexible entry

jrk

HSC
Would applying before the end of your secondary studies go through this flexible application system?

picon

HSC
nosadness, which course are you trying to get in through flexible entry? i only found about flexible entry when i went to the usyd open day in january, after i got my UAI.
but, only the b.arts ppl i talked to knew anything about it - the advisors in the other faculties where this applied hadn't heard it was being offered.

it might be different now, but when i applied, i had to submit copies of my uai and hsc results as well as a personal statement.

i swear, i hadn't heard anything about flexible entry at school - our careers teacher never said anything, but then again, the assumption was that our year wouldn't need it. :rolleyes:

jrk - the flexible entry i applied to needed your UAI, since it was allowing ppl to study a course who may have just missed the cut-off.

Last edited:

Haku

i wanna try out for mechatronic space engineer as i doubt ill get the uai needed. so i wanna see the selection procedure and how best to prepare and summit the related materials for my case of entry.

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
There's no flexible entry for space streams. Just work hard in first year and get a D average, it's not that hard.

Templar

P vs NP
HSC
You can do flexible first year and then transfer to the stream you want at the end of first year. As withoutaface said, you only need a D, which shouldn't be hard, especially if you do advanced for all the science subjects.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)