Flying Flag banned (1 Viewer)

White Rabbit

Bloody Shitcakes
HSC
Asquithian - I appreciate that It is difficult, and no, you shouldn't give up your heritage completly, what I dislike is people who make absolulty no effort to try and intergrate. Thats pretty much what it comes down to. Yes, I see the bad asspects over the good ones, which is human nature. We tend to see the bad things and forget the positives. I live in Hurstville and I see alot more of the negative impacts of multiculturalism than I do the positive. This, added to the fact that before my generation, my family was living in rural australia for a good 6 generations on my mums side, and much of the family remains there to this day (I'll be going to Bathurst in 2 weeks, adding to that) and so, my views are shaped by this. My dad's family, too from the bush, but also ironically Aboriginal for the most part.

As for Australia Day, I do see it's importance, yes there are more important days, but I was certainly annoyed that it was so blatantly ignored.

White Rabbit

Bloody Shitcakes
HSC
I'm sure second generation Australians are alot more tolerant than I'll ever be, they're seen both side. I've only seen my side, as my family has been in Australia for generations - since convict days - and Dads side, even before that. I know I'm one sided and I see that, but unfortunatly logic doesn't quell what I feel.

demosthenes

Executive Sardine
HSC
White Rabbit said:
As for the Australian way of life, I simply ment our traditions, our culture. I work at the airport, and while they're celebrating Chinese New Year, Australia Day was conveniantly forgotten. It is small things like this that really shit me, the fact we bypass Australian traditions out of fear of offending the vocal minority of immigrants. It's like the Christmas day fiasco all over again.
Surely u mean invasion day, rather than Australia day, White Rabbit. You know, the day that predominately British people decided to invade Australia and throw any traditional culture and customs out of the window to introduce the white man's way.
As a part Aboriginal Australian, let me say: the day you adopt Aboriginal customs, learn an Aboriginal language, ignore all the customs you have had handed down to you from your ancestors, start speaking an Aboriginal dialect in school and fly the Aboriginal flag in your front yard is the day that I listen to your border-racism ramblings.
It sounds silly, doesnt it, when you think about it like that....why should you have to adopt traditional Aboriginal culture when your own traditional ways and beliefs are so important to you? You seem to want to embrace patriotism when it suits you, but when other people around you exhibit patriotism, you complain.
Also, if you call yourself Australian, you will know that one of the most important parts of AUstralian culture is the concept of multiculturalism...if you are any kind of Australian, surely you would want to live by that aspect of our culture.

shinji

Is in A State Of Trance
HSC
woop
i onli read page 1 and some of page 2
so im not too sure if ne1's written this but:
on the news in australia, this 80? yr old army veteran was sent a letter from the council or sumin saying that he was not allowed to raise the australian flag on his street due to it "disturbing" the scenery or sumin shit of the street.
here's the website for it ::

http://seven.com.au/todaytonight/story/?id=18820

and yerh ... dnno why though

waterfowl

HSC
Please note before you read what I say, that I am not racist and I do think that the treatment of Aboriginals in early Aussie history was terrible.

The (predominantly) English 'conquered' Australia, they came here and turned Australia into a mixture of English, German, Scottish, etc cultures, which further developed to adapt to the unique environment of Australia.

Theoretically, although the Aboriginals did 'own' Australia before, they don't now, and it is incorrect to say that they do.

The Ancient Romans once conquered pretty much the entire lands of Europe and upper Africa, but when they lost control they were 'conquered' by other people, which today we see as English, German, French, Egyptian etc etc etc.

Saying that the Aboriginals own Australia, and that Australia's culture should be their culture; is like saying that all the lands once controlled by the Roman Empire should practice Roman culture.

Cultures, family lines etc cease when powers throughout history conquer them. Theoretically England should now be ruled by an Australian, who would be King; but his family line lost that right when they were overthrown years and years ago.

miaomiao

HSC
N/A
White rabbit has it ever occured to you that Chinese New Year is just as valid a celebration in this country as Australia Day? (or more correctly as demosthenes pointed out, invasion day) As for bypassing Australian traditions... Do you realise that the respect shown for the traditions of Aboriginies in this country pales into absolute insignificance when compared to that shown for "white" Australian or British Australian culture? Indigenous Australians are the ones who should be complaining and not you.

Last edited:

tattoodguy

generator ...and acquistian...im disappointed in ur views on this topic. You are supporting rudeness and division in our country.

maio maio..ur an idiot.

white rabbit..........ur a fucking champ.

Its fucking rude of these fucking immigrants to come to our country and not fit in and assimilate with us.................Australia is basicallyy the home of australians........and immigrants are fucking guests here..............and from my point of view........they are unwelcomed guests...........

Its like going to someones house..eating their food..shitting in their toilet.............and then ignoring the hosts...

they have shops with no english writing and the shop keeepers cant speak english..........so you cant go into them basicaly..........its very unwelcoming.... that should be fucking illlegal....

take ur shop..and fuck offf back to where it and you belongs.....................

Its a slap in the face the way...immmigrants act in this country.................if we did this shit in china...or the middle east...........we would be executed....

Throwing their fucking culutes and religions down everyones throat...............they have no mannners.......

isnt it like............muslims..............have loud noises etc...from their mosque? --------------------------i dont want to hear that shit.........and any decent australian would object to that blaring moaning and shit.....

overseas mosques are used to fund terrorism..and spread anti west propaganda..... im not saying it happens here...but who knows...

If you want to learn islamic shit..u should go back to the middle east i recon

I seee at like some unis..they have prayer rooom to accomodate muslims -------------------that should be a crime.......to have those roooms..thats like.......government sponsered religion bull shit.............

a nice rooom shouldnt be made available to these ppple............they should be made to kneeel and prey in the dirt where they belong.

Those fucking muslim uniforms the women where have beeen used in crimes......in america........as disguises.......... i think they should be bannned....from going into banks etc..wearing those outfits....they are a security risk...

Our government has sold us out seriously....................we are being invaded and the government has given them the greeen light.......... the government has betrayed all true australians,..............and particularly the diggers etc....Its disgusting.

White Rabbit

Bloody Shitcakes
HSC
Look kid, read all my posts. To begin with I am not saying immigrants should 'forget' everything. I'm saying they should make a reasonable attempt to intergrate into Australian society.

Also, most of my Dads family is aboriginal and I have cousins on mum's side too (Mostly in Walgett), with many in Walgett. No, I do not follow the traditions, nor do I speak the tounge, and, if you had read my posts, you'd see I do indeed have aboriginal blood. I do not idenify as an aboriginal, simply because traditions were never passed down to me (mostly thanks to alcohol abuse, to cut a long story short, that seems rather prominent in Dads family) but it is still a part of me.

Just how much aboriginal blood do you have? There but only just? Or does it actually qualify as a decent fraction? Don't give me this crap about being totally ignorant of aboriginal culture. I may not indentify as one myself, however I have family that does, I do understand it to a certain extent.

Also, the moment you throw out 'racisim', we know the debates over. Nothing I said portrayed one race as superior to another, simply that it annoys me when people come into Australia and refuse to TRY and intergrate into out society.

demosthenes

Executive Sardine
HSC
i am a a quarter aboriginal, and have family in Kaltakatjura.
tattooedguy...i am not going to warrant that crap with an answer.

White Rabbit

Bloody Shitcakes
HSC
If you're going to make a complete cock out of yourself, atleast read my entire posts.

As for 'Invasion Day', I can count on one hand the ammout of people I talk to who still play that card - Most aboriginals I know (most of my family included..Most) just want to be treated as equals, not as welfare children. Most would prefer to see anglos and aboriginals working together, rather than fighting, and very few still argue that Australia Day should be a day of mourning. They're better people than most of us here for being able to to it IMO.

As for CNY being as vaild as AD, you're really quite stupid, aren't you? No, really. A complete fucking moron. As I said, over and over, it wasn't the fact that Sydney Airport is celebrating CNY, but rather, they're making a big deal about CNY, however, on AD absolulty nothing was done. Thats my point.

tattoodguy

maio maio...the more u speak shit the more i want to smash u in the face.....

gooks can practice there chinese new year...................in the confines of their own home......

But goooks and any other fucking immmigrant group..should be made to hide most of their bull shit traditions.

Dont they close down streets etc..for chinese new year? that should be a crime................................

I saw a group in the paper...........................it was some..........australian patriot union or something............and basically they said................that the love australia........and all this shit...........and that immigrants....were unwelcomed etc...and some other stufff.............................and then all the immmigrants and politically correct pppple...........pulled down their signs......................

like being a true australian...........being patriotic etc...is a crime.

basically immmigrants.....who own shops....basically exclude australians from shoppping their...by not using english...............................

but im not aloud to set up a shop......................and ban.......niggas, goooks and terrorists. Its fucking bull shit.....................

In relation to the abos..i feel bad..we should give them some monye etc....but atleast white pppple left a few of you to live etc..and we give you ab study etc......................what do these immigratns do for u?

If we didnt have to fork out so much money for immigtrants on the dole and in jail etc...............................i would be more than happpy to increase ab study etc.....and even make up some new abo pension etc.................

Abos are prettty fucked..but atleast u gave us all this land and shit....immigtants havent given us a fucking thing............except crime and diseases etc....

White Rabbit

Bloody Shitcakes
HSC
Near Alice? Fair enough then, sorry mate, I assumed you were one of those who has, you know, 1/16th or something. So fair enough.

miaomiao

HSC
N/A
gee you really scare me tatoo guy. What are you gonna do about it? I'm a gook and I'm sitting here in my gook household with my gook parents eating my gook food. Chinese new year is coming up in a couple of days and we're going to celebrate it openly, loudly and infront of everyone like true blue, fair dinkum aussie gooks. Us gooks will be everywhere doing our lion dancing and beating our drums loudly... AND YOU CANT STOP US :p u wanna bash my face in... come and find me you aggravated racist cunt!

ramin_87

tatoodguy it seems that u have abit of a temper, which isn't such a good thing. Your ignorance and racist attitude is very disappointing, but in the end they probably serve your small mind or should i say narrow-mindness. Instead of attacking other cultures, spend some time thinking about how other cultures have benefited Australia. Without ethnic diversity, there would only be australian food, australian shops, would u really enjoy that. Immigrants such as myself have not ruined australia, rather we have added another dimension to it, one which enhances its beauty and culture. While u may not like wogs, i'm sure if all of us would leave, u would miss us and our culture. In addtion, your attack on Muslims and other religions is pathetic to say the least, u r not superior to anyone, and if u think that, it will only disadvantage u in life. I ask u to consider being abit more open-minded and respectful to other cultures, and please don't go making threats to anyone, because that will also be to your own detriment. GOD bless you all and you in particular tatoodguy. Look to the life of JESUS and try to follow his examples and life will be more rewarding, again GOD bless you all. Please believe and u will be happy.

soha

a splendid one to behold
HSC
tattoodguy said:
....immigtants havent given us a fucking thing............except crime and diseases etc....
are you crazy?
what would australia be with out immigration?
nothing..but a hole..seriously..

and "australians"..are criminals as much as some immigrants...have a look in the police books..i did..i saw an overwhelming amount of white australians as well

soha

a splendid one to behold
HSC
in reguards to the topic
i saw that on t.v
how lame..seriously...we should all have australian flags in our backyards or whatever
and it shouldnt be a problem
and what does the person mean put off?
how can it put you off..its a flag..your countrys flag
oh wellz..atleats the dude is fighting for his rights

White Rabbit

Bloody Shitcakes
HSC
The fact he was a digger and served under the flag just adds insult to injury too...

soha

a splendid one to behold
HSC
ahh poor old man
seriously...i just wonder who cpmplained
haha...like..what nationality were they?
lol..id laugh if they were like full aussie

White Rabbit

Bloody Shitcakes
HSC
LOL soha that'd be hilarious. Still, prolly after all this, it is some bleeding heart leftie. I think they make more noise than the rest of us combined ;)

Bone577

HSC
N/A
tattoodguy said:
generator ...and acquistian...im disappointed in ur views on this topic. You are supporting rudeness and division in our country.

maio maio..ur an idiot.

white rabbit..........ur a fucking champ.

Its fucking rude of these fucking immigrants to come to our country and not fit in and assimilate with us.................Australia is basicallyy the home of australians........and immigrants are fucking guests here..............and from my point of view........they are unwelcomed guests...........

Its like going to someones house..eating their food..shitting in their toilet.............and then ignoring the hosts...

they have shops with no english writing and the shop keeepers cant speak english..........so you cant go into them basicaly..........its very unwelcoming.... that should be fucking illlegal....

take ur shop..and fuck offf back to where it and you belongs.....................

Its a slap in the face the way...immmigrants act in this country.................if we did this shit in china...or the middle east...........we would be executed....

Throwing their fucking culutes and religions down everyones throat...............they have no mannners.......

isnt it like............muslims..............have loud noises etc...from their mosque? --------------------------i dont want to hear that shit.........and any decent australian would object to that blaring moaning and shit.....

overseas mosques are used to fund terrorism..and spread anti west propaganda..... im not saying it happens here...but who knows...

If you want to learn islamic shit..u should go back to the middle east i recon

I seee at like some unis..they have prayer rooom to accomodate muslims -------------------that should be a crime.......to have those roooms..thats like.......government sponsered religion bull shit.............

a nice rooom shouldnt be made available to these ppple............they should be made to kneeel and prey in the dirt where they belong.

Those fucking muslim uniforms the women where have beeen used in crimes......in america........as disguises.......... i think they should be bannned....from going into banks etc..wearing those outfits....they are a security risk...

Our government has sold us out seriously....................we are being invaded and the government has given them the greeen light.......... the government has betrayed all true australians,..............and particularly the diggers etc....Its disgusting.

People like you make me proud to live in this country! *places right hand on chest, uses left to salute the Australian flag, tear rolling from one eye*

No that wasn't serious.

I find it funny that you talk about immigrants in the way you do. Unless you are aboriginal, it would be clever for you to look back at the way YOUR ancestors came to this land. At least the immigrants don't kill, enslave and oppress the current residents on arrival.

Let me take a moment to renounce all my national, cultural and religous ties. I think patriotism and nationalism of any sort is something that thwarts clear judgement. I have not heard a single logical argument in favour of patriotism, why are we supposed to love our country?

I'm a nomadic, secular humanist.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)