Folio thread (1 Viewer)

chamelia

HSC
Im just writing up the 'Evidence and Application of Practical Skills' and wanted to check that im doing the right thing..

Should I jst be lisitng the skills I used to make the product (book) then a quick decription of them and where used in the product? Like for example the skills could be editing, rendering sketches, layout skills..etc??

I really need some advice if anyone can help

desai

HSC
yeh thats right
i used a table
practical skill used
where i used it
why i used it

chamelia

HSC
Uh I'm not sure what day exactly. It has to be handed in by 5pm tomorrow though and then we set our projects up to be ready for the markers on monday afternoon so im assuming it must be soon.

desai

HSC
yeh im handing mine in by today midnight and id say ive done more than half of my whole folio in two days
but ill still be working into the morning
man theres gonna be a whole lot of evaluation on why im doing this now

desai

HSC
Application of Experiment and Test Conclusions
what the hell is that?

dawso

needmorecustomstatusspace
HSC
anything that has "application" refers 2 the bit in ur actual folio

so u just hav ur conclusions 2 ur tests, then they look at ur prac 2 see that u actually did wat u concluded, u didnt say that estapol was the best laquer then go used a stain...

desai

HSC
k thanks
what about practices used in my mdp with relation to intellectual property i dont have anything on that

niteshade1312

HSC
with applications, it means you should write everything that you did. Applications should be on all your plans. In regards to evidence, I have shown evidence through my testing and through a lot of photos, which prove that you actually did anything youself. Even things that you didnt do, for example, I got some things printed at COFA but was able to keep the printing paper that they used. You should also look into showing a variety of ways to show your production, when i used the computer, I had screen dumps of my graphics and things..

niteshade1312

HSC
another thing, there is no ONE way of doing a portfolio, you should show your progress and development in the way it makes sense for you to do it. Whether it is tonnes of testing or screendumping, or lots of evaluations, it should be your own.. make sense?

Rachel_M

Rachel_M
HSC
just thought i'd check, with about 12 hours until we have to hand up our MDP, is everyone finished or will some people be pulling all nighters? i'm afraid i will because i have a bad habit of leaving things to the last minute, but what about everyone else? where are you guys up to?

The_Shaman

HSC
at this rate ill be done around 10... hopefully, cannot wait till this is done with, pretty happy how its all turning out though so thats a plus

desai

HSC
we had to hand in ours tonight. some guys stayed up all night last night, i stayed up till 4 and yeh i only left school at 9pm today just wrapping things up

pear head

HSC
Rachel_M said:
just thought i'd check, with about 12 hours until we have to hand up our MDP, is everyone finished or will some people be pulling all nighters? i'm afraid i will because i have a bad habit of leaving things to the last minute, but what about everyone else? where are you guys up to?

ahahahahahahahahahahahahaha...im screwed !!

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
It's good practice for uni, like at the beginning of year 12, u convince urself u'll do everything early then you end up doing it all in the last couple of nights, not sleeping at all :p

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)