Food at USYD (1 Viewer)

stazi

Nightman
HSC
haha smith, since you take a bus from city rd only to broadway I guess bus is the only option for you. newtown isnt a very long walk though.

LoneShadow

Uber Procrastinator
HSC
N/A
OFF TOPIC:

@ 1Time4thePpl: do you knu what I have read ur nick as, all these time?.....Timetable......

........it might sound stupid...but dat's what I've been reading it as....:eek:

stazi

Nightman
HSC
LoneShadow said:
OFF TOPIC:

@ 1Time4thePpl: do you knu what I have read ur nick as, all these time?.....Timetable......

........it might sound stupid...but dat's what I've been reading it as....:eek:
hehehe youre funny. you arouse me with your stupidity. That's ok though. I was writing KeypadDSM or whatever his nick was as KeyboardS&M (Sado maso - the fetishist sex thingo). I thought his nick was rather witty.
1time4theppl is from a tom green skit where he goes to japan.

shelley

trouble maker
HSC
caffe @manning - expensive and pretty crappy
level 2 manning - pretty good and similar prices to wentworth in my experience, nice hot choclate too...many hours on study vacation has been spent on those couches and in breaks with friends...if u do arts good chance ull run into eveyone u know!
wentworth - eaten there twice....nice pasta dishes ...
chamberlin - (downtown sydeny) very nice $5 meals! get a variety not just steak!

in my experience the best way to get out cheap is for me to ring my mum and get her to take me to lunch LOL

funnytomato

HSC
Food @ USYD

what do you think it's the best lunch/dinner in terms of price AND/OR taste?

thanks in advance :D

HSC
Re: Food @ USYD

There are some good, cheap places to get lunch in Newtown - most of them are Thai, but this is not a problem.

There is also a cheap bakery across the road from Victoria Park that sells chicken and salad rolls for ~$4.

Broadway is mostly expensive but I liked the nachos at the Mexican place so idk.

spence

HSC

Yeah that bakery is awesome, I think its called Red Devil or something. I usually eat there or Mexican, Oporto or Ogalo.

As for on campus, Manning does pretty good burgers and chips, and you can get good sandwiches from a place near Wallace (I think its Courtyard cafe)

HSC

I love the tandori salad from the indian food court resturant from broadway. It's only around 3 dollars I think and it's really nice. If you're looking for a light lunch I would definately recommend that.

As for food IN usyd, good luck trying to find something that is of decent quality and price. The only thing I really enjoy eating on campus is the vietnamese baguette thing from the easten ave cafe. I think it's around 6 dollars and quite delicious even if the baguette is quite tough to chew :/

Better to go out of campus, if you have a big enough break. An even better idea though would to bring food from home.

funnytomato

HSC

is there any good place either off-campus(which is more likely, I suppose?) or on-campus where I can save by having the access card?

izzy88

HSC

I second the burgers at Manning Bar (top level)- they are pretty good. Nachos from Zabelli is alright, but overpriced in my opinion.

Off-campus, thai is popular- there are about four thai places (thai times 9, newtown thai 2, thai la ong 1 and 2) in a row on king st that have lunch specials for$6.50- they are huge meals, and lots of choice, so its quite popular for groups/meeting people. I don't think they take access cards, but they are pretty cheap in any case.

witide

HSC

thai-tanic is the best

six dollars for lunch and has the coolest name out of all the places in newtown

meilz92

where are my hair
HSC
Uni Grad

expensive

meilz92

where are my hair
HSC
Uni Grad

although i like parma

dindiqotu

HSC
Best japanese food in Camperdown?

Hey guys - random question, but who can recommend a good (cheap) ramen/sushi joint around campus? I've been travelling to Circular Quay to a place near where I used to work... but that is obviously a long, long way for ramen.
Is that Masaka place on Parra Road any good?

Thanks!!
xx

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)