Food for thought.. (1 Viewer)

Bisu

HSC
Just a generalisation but...

Are the smartest people at your school poor financial-wise?

forward

HSC
I'm pretty poor and I'd like to think I'm one of the smartest in my year.. Come to think of it, the generalisation does seem to apply for my school.

twistedrebel

HSC
my senses are tinkling, i think there is a bogan in here

joker252

I feel the knife going in
If I don't recover, Sell this house and find some
HSC
um by that i mean that poor people are often like oh u hve to repersent the familyi

and the rich ppl r like fuck off who cares until 1 term before yr 12 and then get a tutor/a[ply for special provisiosn etc etc win @ lyf

showy

HSC
nope, the best students come from different financial standings.

HSC
it's probably more prevalent at selective schools where the majority are asians..and asians are usually..poor..i mean..not as well off teehee

edit: well it's certainly the case at my school hahaha..omg i never actualyl realised that until op started this thread

twistedrebel

HSC
it's probably more prevalent at selective schools where the majority are asians..and asians are usually..poor..i mean..not as well off teehee

edit: well it's certainly the case at my school hahaha..omg i never actualyl realised that until op started this thread
it will depend from school to school. Also asians just are tight, doesnt mean their poor. :p

57o1i

Premium Member
HSC
I was dux at my school and my family is not very well off at all. As in, the only way I was able to get into the school in the first place was from an academic scholarship.

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A

It varies. There's really no correlation, in my opinion.

mRJoJo

Spacebook
HSC
N/A
definitely no, the smart kids at my school are a mixture of the rich/poor

Kamal15

HSC
Lol that is a very interesting point for discussion

In fact there are many stories from third world countries of students from very financially disadvantaged backgrounds excelling against the odds and achieveing very high marks. They ultimately establish a very good life for themselves.

Obviusly in Australia there would be very few students who would fit into that category of poor. Generally speaking most students would have access to all resources and so the level of your finances wont determine your final educational outcome.

it comes down to the capacity of the student to fufill their aspirations and achieve what they set out to do..

HSC
perhaps those whom arent from as privileged backgrounds want the desire to turn that around etc etc

so they study hard to get into a course that can provide a route to a well paid job?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)