For Class of 2006, What Preliminary Mathematics Course Are You Taking in 2005? (1 Viewer)

For Class Of 2006, What Preliminary Mathematics Course Are You Taking In 2005?

• General Mathematics (2 unit)

Votes: 5 23.8%
  • Mathematics Life Skills (2 unit)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Mathematics Applied [Non-Board Developed Course] (2 unit)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Mathematics (2 unit)

Votes: 8 38.1%
  • Mathematics Extension (1 unit)

Votes: 12 57.1%
  • I Do Not Take Any Mathematics Course!

Votes: 1 4.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

A l

HSC
N/A
For Class of 2006, What Preliminary Mathematics Courses Are You Taking in 2005?

Same process as my English course thread. Just wondering, for Class of 2006 what preliminary Mathematics courses do you take in 2005?

For people doing Extension 1 Mathematics course please choose the corresponding two unit course as well as the one unit course.

Last edited:

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
Umm there'd also be a fair few accelerating, you should have included an option for that...

A l

HSC
N/A
Trev said:
once again; what is this rubbish:
Mathematics Life Skills (2 unit)
Mathematics Applied [Non-Board Developed Course] (2 unit)
???
Mathematics Life Skills is a 2 unit course for students with special education needs or have a disability. It is aimed to guide them at the basic mathematical skills needed in life. It is an alternative path for those unable to do other Mathematics and there is no examination. In 2004, 1191 Year 11 students took this pathway.

Mathematics Applied is a 2 unit non-board developed course. As far as I know, the course prepares students for tertiary application of Mathematics in real situations. This can include mathematical skills involved in computer technology or science. In 2004, 12 Year 11 students took this course.

goan_crazy

Hates the waiting game...
HSC
Trev said:
im surprised bout how many ppl that did mathematics life skills (1191) and ive never heard of it :eek:
i havent heard of it either!! :confused:

deano059

HSC
joe_m_2000 said:
i havent heard of it either!! :confused:
its for the ones that couldnt cope with gen maths and the others, such as special needs students. it focus' on mathematical concepts that would aide them in everyday life situations, such as 'money' topics, exploring issues such as payments, percents, change etc

goan_crazy

Hates the waiting game...
HSC
deano059 said:
its for the ones that couldnt cope with gen maths and the others, such as special needs students. it focus' on mathematical concepts that would aide them in everyday life situations, such as 'money' topics, exploring issues such as payments, percents, change etc
lol deano knows his stuff
i dont think we were even told about this...
lol but o well
i do 2 unit
it sux...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)