For size 14+ girls (1 Viewer)

thirsty

HSC
I am a size 14-16 n sometimes i find it really hard to find clothes, even basic stuff. lately it hasn't been so bad but i was just wondering if any other girls in a similar situation know any good shops for finding nice stuff in normal girl sizes that allow for hips n tits.
I find jeans west to be really good i have heaps of stuff from there. Glassons cotton on and some others to be pretty good especially for tops.
Post your thoughts.

Dreamerish*~

Love Addict - Nakashima
HSC
There's a shop called "Big City Chic". I haven't been to the shop but there was an advertisement in Cosmo awhile ago. Their clothes looked pretty decent, from what I can rememeber.

The model made me angry though. She was not fat at all - maybe just a little chubby, but since photos put on a few pounds, she's probably normal-sized in real life, and she advertises for "Big City Chic".

thirsty

HSC
i hate that.. the ad is something like, "fashion for real women" n it has like a size 10 stick with no boobs n no ass... it pisses me off.

Dreamerish*~

Love Addict - Nakashima
HSC
thirsty said:
i hate that.. the ad is something like, "fashion for real women" n it has like a size 10 stick with no boobs n no ass... it pisses me off.
I bloody reckon! How is that supposed to make girls who are bigger than her feel?

AlleyCat

Singing me and Julio
HSC
um there was a really hot dress from simona last year (i usually HATE simona with a passion but...) it was really cute on the girl who wore it, and she was a size 14. i think dark colours and wrap dresses are the most flattering, but you will prob have to spend more to get a really nice cut.
and steer clear of the stretchy cotton material, try thicker cotton.

thirsty

HSC
yeah accersories are my best friend he he he, i love the clothes that i wear because i will only buy things that look good n suit n all that. I have a wrap top n i love it , it's very flattering but simple.
there are some styles too that only look really good if u have some meat on your bones, like some skirts n stuff. thanks for your tips guys.

Katie123

Clinical is OVER
HSC
XL at supre are usually a joke. the worst thing about finding 'larger clothes' for me is that they make them for really small chested girls.......that makes it a pain in a half and makes it a lot harder to find stuff.Jeans west and Just jeans etc have a larger size range ( i dont mean for larger girls i mean the sizes range from i dont know say a 6 - 16/18)

thirsty

HSC
yeah i know i dont have to go to any special shops. i dont. I'm just sayin that its very annoying that its harder for us to find clothes. I know alot of those shops have larger sizes but do u think they are actually the size they say? some of them , like somone said are a joke. thanks for your help everyone.

glycerine

so don't even ask me
HSC
yeah, i'm a 14 and i've found that in a lot of labels 14 pants fit badly cos of the waistline and crotch area. this happens specifically in chain stores. so generally while i'm happy to shop at valleygirl, supre etc for shirts and skirts, i've found i have to spend a bit more on pants if i want them to fit well.

thirsty

HSC
yeah im with glycerine. top shopping is fine for me no real probs at all, but when i find pants that fit nice n stuff i get them because it is rare to find them that actualy look nice and are fashionable. valley girl has gotten really shit i reckon. i dont know why maybe its just me but i dont like much of thier stuff anymore. like i have said before jeans west is really good for both pants and tops.

glycerine

so don't even ask me
HSC
Yeah, I find jeans west jeans are the most comfortable on me except I think I'm going to start buying them a size too small cos they're always falling down!

Portmans pants tend to be well fitting. Glassons is good as well. Also stores like Sheike and Seduce sometimes have nice stuff that fits well (I got my formal dress from Seduce).

Also, this is kind of old lady like :p But if you just need basics, like say black work pants or whatever, Sussans stuff fits well and isn't made so that your ass hangs out. It's quality fabrics as well. I don't shop there often, only for staples, but the stuff I have lasts.

chelzmalee

death by pastry
HSC
I'd definately say Supre tops (L & XL fit 14-16 easy), Jay Jays occasionally have nice stuff, Jeans West/Just Jeans, Myer when theres a sale on, Cross Roads, Katies.... They all have awesome clothes that fit all shapes and sizes. Cept for maybe Supre jeans.

SashatheMan

StudyforEver
HSC
N/A
thirsty said:
I am a size 14-16 n sometimes i find it really hard to find clothes, even basic stuff. lately it hasn't been so bad but i was just wondering if any other girls in a similar situation know any good shops for finding nice stuff in normal girl sizes that allow for hips n tits.
I find jeans west to be really good i have heaps of stuff from there. Glassons cotton on and some others to be pretty good especially for tops.
Post your thoughts.
theres a good place its called the diet clinic. that will solve your problem. Remember boys only like skinny girls

angelduck

Behind a rock with a glitter gun poised and ready
HSC
Ur a bastard, its really hard to loose weight, and if u love ur size, y bother? It took me alot of effort (and -20kg) to get to a size 10-12, but who really cares what guyz think? there will be one that loves you for who you are, not what size jeans u wear

SashatheMan

StudyforEver
HSC
N/A
angelduck said:
Ur a bastard, its really hard to loose weight, and if u love ur size, y bother? It took me alot of effort (and -20kg) to get to a size 10-12, but who really cares what guyz think? there will be one that loves you for who you are, not what size jeans u wear
yep it might be hard to lose weight, but u feel better about your self and are healthier. if u have good determination its much easier, people make to many excuses thats why they are fat.

anyway what girl feels good about being a plus size anyway?. even skinny chicks think they are fat, so fat chicks must think they are hippos. sure they can find a guy that likes bigger girls, but wouldnt u want to find a guy u really want and not just a guy u can get. i am speaking the truth here so dont give hate,.

SashatheMan

StudyforEver
HSC
N/A
btw i was joking about my first post, u dotn need a clinic or anytihng, just need to have a good motivation to trim up and not eat fat lard.

Lundy

Banned
HSC
natstar said:
Personally, I hate how they advertising larger girls as "real women". Every woman is real.
Thirsty, you dont have to shop at places ONLY for larger sizes, its silly. Most chain stores have up to a 14, and even a 16. Ive seen up to an XL at Supre, up to a 16 at Valley Girl, up to a 16 at SportsGirl, as well as places like Just Jeans, Jeans West, Myer, Portmans, etc.
But the thing is, sizings differ with different brands. An "XL" from supre is probably equal to a medium/large at jeans west or sussans whose sizings are more generous.

Although, I do agree about the 'real women' thing. Its always been a bit of a peeve of mine how advertisers try and bait me by telling me how I'm more real than a skinny girl. I'm equally as real....just fatter :p

Last edited:

green_fairy

mmm, absinthe
HSC
SashatheMan said:
wouldnt u want to find a guy u really want and not just a guy u can get. i am speaking the truth here so dont give hate,.
I think maybe instead she'd want a guy that wasn't so incredibly shallow and narrow minded.

natstar said:
Personally, I hate how they advertising larger girls as "real women". Every woman is real.
That's so true. And when they make a big deal in magazines featuring "real girls" their always plus size. To me "real girls" in that sense are ones that haven't got the shit airbrushed out of them and they look somewhat realistic.

froggy_chik87

HSC
i hate the way things are made so differently here...it gives me the shits!

also, another peeve of mine is that dress makers/designers don't make clothes for curvy chicks...some people may love their curves, but i certainly find it hard to buy clothes sometimes.

i also have the problem of buying bras...i'm now reaching a 12 E, and about 95% of bras that are bigger than a C cup are bloody ugly...does anyone know where to buy "nice" looking bras? not just plain black or white ones? i don't understand why they cant just make nice looking bras for larger sizes...

and buying pants can sometimes be a bitch, i'm glad i don't have the problem or being short, otherwise i would look COMPLETELY out of proportion...but my waist is alot smaller than my hips...its horrible!!

also...does anyone know of any dress makers...in sydney...that are good...cauz i want to get my formal dress made...but i don't know of anyone...?

p.s...for all the shallow guys that want to comment about my post...dont try and tell me to loose weight...cauz i aint exactly fat...just curvy

Last edited:

braindrainedAsh

Journalist
HSC
I mean, it's equally bad when people say girls are "way too skinny" when it is just their natural body shape, people should just accept people for who they are.

Ugh and half the time when they have those "oh lets put someone bigger than a size 10 in our magazine" photo shoots, the person is a size 12. You never see a size 18-20 in there... and half of the reason why is probably because they would struggle to find funky in fashion clothes for the person to wear in the photo shoot because of the lack of non-grandma stuff with a decent cut and fit... not to mention a decent price.

Big City Chic has some ok stuff.... the Urbane label at Myer does too, but it is so damn expensive. It's hard to find cheapish stuff in larger sizes that doesn't look like it came from Best and Less or from your grandma/mother.

Plus I am not really tall and for some reason a lot of larger sized stuff also has really long legs. So many pants don't sit right because they are meant for taller people... even when you hem pants they can look funny if they are meant for someone with longer legs.

Ugh like with everything money makes the world go around.... you can buy clothes that make you look slimmer by having a good cut, fit and quality if you have more money.... you can also afford to renew your gym membership which I was going to do this week but now have no money to thanks to telstra bills and other start of semester costs..... grrr very broke at the moment.

And to our sage poster who thinks people don't understand the correlation between weight loss and diet and exercise, thanks for the reminder. But didn't you notice this thread said for size 14+ girls? What made you come in to it considering you are a male who must be somewhat slim considering your opinion. Maybe you are the one with an insecurity problem if you felt the need to post in this thread to assert your patriarchal notions that exemplify the objectification of women through body perceptions being dictated by the male gaze. And you wonder why "even skinny chicks think they are fat"... maybe it is because they constantly hear males expressing their deluded notions that the only chicks that are worth something are the skinny-like-in-playboy ones.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)