Forced Abortion (2 Viewers)

EpicFailGuy

Banned
HSC
The government should put in place a forced abortion scheme. This being said the scheme would, in extreme cases of unplanned pregnancies force the woman to have an abortion. My arguments for this are as follows.

*If the couple in question are unable to prevent a pregnancy through contraception/condoms, clearly they are incompetent enough to care for a child.
*If the couple is young/single parent the financial support would not be there to care for a child. Hence the child would be disadvantage from even before birth.
*It negatively effects all tax payers, let alone other family members/friends/community, due to extra support other then what is usually given is needed.

anyone going to shut me down?

mcflystargirl

HSC
N/A
abortion is wrong, if the child can not be cared for or unwanted the child should be put up for adoption there are thousands of people who would love a baby, and can not, and there are thousands of women having abortions, whilst some people never get to adopt

Uncle

Banned
HSC
then look what happens, instead of sending off the child to fight in mozambique as a child soldier there are little cretins running around the streets causing havoc all because they were an accident or werent aborted via coathangers or a good falcon punch to the abdomen.

katie tully

ashleey luvs roosters
HSC
abortion is wrong, if the child can not be cared for or unwanted the child should be put up for adoption there are thousands of people who would love a baby, and can not, and there are thousands of women having abortions, whilst some people never get to adopt
Generally I think you're an ok person, but give me 1 reason why I shouldn't destroy you right now.

johony

HSC
i don't see any right in the idea of a forced abortion - if the couple/mother wants the child despite these issues; then let them be. let docs deal with these issues post birth if they are at risk.

J.a.d.e :-)

Nom Cupcakes...!
HSC
Completely depends on who you ask.
An induced abortion is the termination of a pregnancy. The removal of a embryo/fetus from the uterus, resulting in the death of that embryo/fetus.

There may be some situations in which the subject of abortion may arise, such as if the girl in question was raped resulting in a pregnancy, or if the baby had a syndrome which meant they may not be able to survive outside the womb, or if the mother is in direct danger because of the pregnancy, but terminating a life without a real reason, such as those mentioned by you, is murder.

*If the couple in question are unable to prevent a pregnancy through contraception/condoms, clearly they are incompetent enough to care for a child.

No form of contraceptive is 100% effective. I had 2 friends that both fell pregnant while on the pill. What's the age cutoff for this? A 30 and 32 year old couple, who already have 2 children fall pregnant through the failure of a condom or mishap with the pill, should they be forced to have an abortion as well? Are they declared incompetent?

*If the couple is young/single parent the financial support would not be there to care for a child. Hence the child would be disadvantage from even before birth.

Just because a couple is young does not mean they would not have the financial support they need. Family and friends who actually care about them would be more than happy to help if the coupld in question needed it - sure they shouldn't have to - but that's what you do when you love someone. As for single parents... again I'm going to use the 30 and 32 year old as an example. The husband dies in a car accident or workplace accident or something shortly after the wife announces she's pregnant - should she be forced to have an abortion now that she is classed as a single parent?

*It negatively effects all tax payers, let alone other family members/friends/community, due to extra support other then what is usually given is needed.

As I said, when you love and care about someone you don't mind helping them out. Don't be so cold hearted.

As they say, every abortion is just:

One more heart that was stopped.
Two more eyes that will never see.
Two more hands that will never touch.
Two more legs that will never run.
One more mouth that will never speak.

Last edited:

SnowFox

Premium Member
HSC
I swear this question gets recycled every month or so.

Forced abortion would be a thoroughly fucked concept. It would be on par with Conscription.

In my view, the only time a abortion should be put in place is if the mother is in danger of death, i.e. the girl who was 9 and raped by her father.

missgraceful

What a joke..
HSC
Abortion is murder to who exactly?
It might be murder for the 21 year old who decides she would rather party than have a baby. it might be murder for the 35 year old sucessful woman who just 'doesn't have the time', but what about the 16 year old with her enitre life in front of her but got preganant because the condom broke? What about a rape victim?
You can't made a statement like 'Abortion is murder' without considering the circumstances of each situation. Women should always have the right to choose nonetheless.

Nom Cupcakes...!
HSC
I just want to add for SylvesterBr, who negged me saying "Fetuses aren't humans," life begins at the moment of conception. The fetus may not carry the term "human," but it is still a living organism, and he or she deserves to live.

SnowFox

Premium Member
HSC
I just want to add for SylvesterBr, who negged me saying "Fetuses aren't humans," life begins at the moment of conception. The fetus may not carry the term "human," but it is still a living organism, and he or she deserves to live.
That also depends on points of view.

Life begins at conception or when the foetus becomes sentient?

Nom Cupcakes...!
HSC
Abortion is murder to who exactly?
It might be murder for the 21 year old who decides she would rather party than have a baby. it might be murder for the 35 year old sucessful woman who just 'doesn't have the time', but what about the 16 year old with her enitre life in front of her but got preganant because the condom broke? What about a rape victim?
You can't made a statement like 'Abortion is murder' without considering the circumstances of each situation. Women should always have the right to choose nonetheless.
First off, in regards to your openeing statements about women who choose to have an abortion because they would rather party or just don't have time, we're talking about FORCED ABORTION. Thise arguments are completely irrelevant.

Secondly, You should read the rest of my post. I did say that there are situations in which the subject of abortion may arise, such as if the girl in question was raped, so don't attack me and say I haven't considered different situations when I clearly have.

Also, you say women should have the right to choose nonetheless - very true, it's called "freedom of choice" - the baby doesn't have a choice but, does he/she? How is that fair?

SnowFox

Premium Member
HSC
Also, you say women should have the right to choose nonetheless - very true, it's called "freedom of choice" - the baby doesn't have a choice but, does he/she? How is that fair?
Once again, depends on the persons points of view. Is it when the foetus is sentient? Or when it is conceived?

Nom Cupcakes...!
HSC
The moment of conception is the moment when the embryo/fetus/baby begins to grow and form. It is the moment they become a living thing.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)