Forensic Accounting (1 Viewer)

SurferNerd

HSC
N/A
Sensible career choice? Is there much work outside the Big 4?

Boring/Interesting?

I would like as much info as any one can spill out about this very intriguing field. Also, is CA or CPA better for forensics?

Thanks.

billbro

HSC
N/A
SurferNerd said:
Sensible career choice? Is there much work outside the Big 4?

Boring/Interesting?

I would like as much info as any one can spill out about this very intriguing field. Also, is CA or CPA better for forensics?

Thanks.
Interesting question, I've been quite inclined to look into this field as well. I'm actually hoping to get exposure to this line of work if I take up a summer vac role with PwC. I don't see why it wouldn't be a sensible career choice, the level of IT integration seems to be continually increasing - though that's just an assumption by me. What you might want to keep in mind is that most Forensics divisions at the Big 4 are quite small and from what I've heard they tend to be full of experienced hires rather than new graduates.

I suspect there is a fair amount of work outside of the Big 4. After all the biggest forensics division in the Big 4 is due to eating up another company, rather than internal growth.

As for CA or CPA, I don't really know. Personally, I'd be going with CA either way I think I came across some focus group or something on the CA for Forensic Accounting.
It sounds interesting, but I would love to hear from people working in the service line. My friend who was a vacationer in Insolvency, said that through his dealings with them it seemed like the work wasn't too bad.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)