• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

formal dress - where? (1 Viewer)

RingerINC

BBoy OG Loc Gangsta
HSC
kimi said:
hmm try eBAY?
i knew a guy who bought jeans on ebay for like $8... he invested his savings in google and is now going to be an accomplice to them taking over the world.

kimi

C U Next Tuesday.
HSC
N/A
RingerINC said:
i knew a guy who bought jeans on ebay for like $8... he invested his savings in google and is now going to be an accomplice to them taking over the world.
:confused: im Confused. Are u being serious?

Dreamerish*~

Love Addict - Nakashima
HSC
normal "formal dress shops" have dresses that cost between $100 - $400. there are decent dresses for <$200, and if you go to factory outlets, they might be cheaper.

it depends on how much you want to spend.

for my last two formals i bought dresses that were the exact replicas of ones i saw in the window of New York for only around $60. they were from random asian shops.

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
try ebay, op shops, random asian shops like dreamerish mentioned, or maybe get fabric and have someone like a friend or your mother or someone make it for you.

OZGIRL86

stuck in a moment
HSC
N/A
Myer and David jones sell some nice dresses sometimes.

kaylz

HSC
Go to Aska in Neutral Bay. She makes stuff for David Jones and Lisa Ho. Prices vary depending on the material that you want to use.

HSC
ninja_star said:
i jus need help all u gals!! to find good quality dresses.. for a reasonably cheap price soon b4 september ( yr12 formal is then) i jus need help on places in sydney. not to far. :p thanks champs. hope to get sum help in this department!! my 1st formal.. !!

cheerio :p
Whatever floats your boat.

Just not Harts.

braad

so dead yeah?
HSC
ninja_star said:
i jus need help all u gals!! to find good quality dresses.. for a reasonably cheap price soon b4 september ( yr12 formal is then) i jus need help on places in sydney. not to far. :p thanks champs. hope to get sum help in this department!! my 1st formal.. !!

cheerio :p
just rent a nanna

Shell

Boo Hoo
HSC
I need a formal dress! I went shopping for onwe today, just had a look around, seeing what places have. I hated everything. There is nothing i like. I know no dressmakers. What do i do? I want a cocktail dress but hate my calves, i HATE strapless dresses, i like unusual designs... as you can see, im very picky

mmm_sofay

time to pretend
HSC
shellybelly087 said:
I need a formal dress! I went shopping for onwe today, just had a look around, seeing what places have. I hated everything. There is nothing i like. I know no dressmakers. What do i do? I want a cocktail dress but hate my calves, i HATE strapless dresses, i like unusual designs... as you can see, im very picky
you can usually find dress makers advertise in local newspapers.
ask people you know to see if they know any dress makers.
go to some dance studios and ask if they use dress makers for their costumes, and ask if one of their dress makers can make you your formal dress.
look in the phone book.
look on the internet.

glycerine

so don't even ask me
HSC
Er... not really. :?

Don't buy your dress from Seduce. That's where I bought mine.

IE: Fuck off.

Shell

Boo Hoo
HSC
but i wont see you? Therefore it wouldnt matter if we shopped at the same place?

mmm_sofay

time to pretend
HSC
shellybelly087 said:
yeh but getting your dress made costs too much!!
it depends who you get to make your dress and how much all the material and stuff costs and if you want detail on your dress, etc.

glitter burns

the sky is falling
HSC
I got my formal dress from Tree of Life.
Though I doubt that the style you were hoping for.
It's worth checking out op-shops, also, and eBay.
Apart from that I don't know. There's a shop on Crown St in Wollongong that has some pretty good dresses, but it's too far to go and I don't know the prices anyway.

If I could re-do my formal, I'd go to an op-shop, buy a crazy eighties style wedding dress and dye it green.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)