Founder of Science Ready – AMA (1 Viewer)

scienceready

HSC
Hi everyone,

I'm Sunny and I am one of the people who runs the show behind Science Ready. I thought this is a good time to answer any questions for Year 10s going into Year 11, and the new Year 12s about to start their second term next year.

I will only answer questions related to Year 11/12 Chemistry & Physics.

For students who have used our resources, any positive & negative feedbacks are also welcome.

HSC
are there any textbooks that are recommended to follow along with the videos for practice questions like how mcgrathematics follows the cambridge textbook for maths?

C_master

HSC
Hi everyone,

I'm Sunny and I am one of the people who runs the show behind Science Ready. I thought this is a good time to answer any questions for Year 10s going into Year 11, and the new Year 12s about to start their second term next year.

For students who have used our resources, any positive & negative feedbacks are also welcome.
How are depth studies like for Physics and Chem? Whats the point of it and does it count towards anything major?

C_master

HSC
Hi everyone,

Which subject is slightly easier; in your opinion; to do well in?

C_master

HSC
Hi everyone,

Is Chem much more interesting and easier in Yr 11 or 12? - Same for Physics

carrotsss

HSC
How are depth studies like for Physics and Chem? Whats the point of it and does it count towards anything major?
Depending on your teacher they can range from a bit annoying to a pretty fun project, and they tend to count towards around 20-25% of your school assessment mark for chemistry/physics

scienceready

HSC
are there any textbooks that are recommended to follow along with the videos for practice questions like how mcgrathematics follows the cambridge textbook for maths?
There is no specific textbook I would recommend. My personal take on the use of textbooks for HSC Chemistry and Physics is that they are a good starting point but students shouldn't rely on them excessively as they do not provide the details necessary to master the subject. I always suggest learning from multiple sources (not just our videos) to broaden your understanding and identify any misconceptions/knowledge gaps.

scienceready

HSC
Depth studies can be literally anything, very dependent on the teacher(s) who overlook it at your school. Typically, this can include experiments, scientific reports and/or in-class exams. Depth studies are MEANT to encourage students to learn a topic in or related to the syllabus in greater depth, BEYOND what's required for the HSC. However, many schools use depth studies as a way to help students master a difficult topic within the syllabus or simply ask them to self-learn it.

scienceready

HSC
Which subject is slightly easier; in your opinion; to do well in?
In my opinion and based on my personal experience helping students, more students perform better in chemistry. However, there are students who perform better in physics than in chemistry. I think many students find physics 'difficult' because the nature of the content isn't what they expect it to be; physics isn't just 'maths'.

scienceready

HSC
Is Chem much more interesting and easier in Yr 11 or 12? - Same for Physics
Objectively, both subjects are more complex in Year 12 compared to in Year 11. However, I think the increased complexity makes both subjects much more interesting in Year 12. What's more important - Year 12 curriculum is much more relevant and applicable to university chemistry and physics (if that's something you're considering of pursuing in the future).

linoloml_

HSC
Thanks for the videos, they're unbelievably helpful!
What resources(websites, books, etc) would you recommend for students wanting to understand concepts well and learn the topics more in-depth?
I've noticed that textbooks don't always explain in-depth and help me FULLY understand the topics. And I don't feel satisfied when I have thousands of unanswered questions lingering in my mind.
However, the internet is vast and there's a lot to cover just to find an answer to a niche question. So what sites/resources have you found to be helpful for these in-depth explanations/discussions?

scienceready

HSC
Thanks for the videos, they're unbelievably helpful!
What resources(websites, books, etc) would you recommend for students wanting to understand concepts well and learn the topics more in-depth?
I've noticed that textbooks don't always explain in-depth and help me FULLY understand the topics. And I don't feel satisfied when I have thousands of unanswered questions lingering in my mind.
However, the internet is vast and there's a lot to cover just to find an answer to a niche question. So what sites/resources have you found to be helpful for these in-depth explanations/discussions?
1. Write down all your lingering questions like you would for a to-do list so you don't have to keep everything in your brain
2. If Google doesn't help with finding your specific question, then try ChatGPT but you have to be careful with using AI because it doesn't give 100% correct answers. You need to assess the answer with your own understanding and ask your teacher whether it's correct.
3. If the above doesn't work, ask your teacher/tutor.
4. If you have tried all of the above, move onto the next question. No point spending hours on a specific question. You only have so much time for during HSC.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)